mtbr member

Good job! Lynn Woods Update 08.21.06

The forth Trail Maintenance Day for Lynn Woods was completed this past Saturday. This was straight forward trail project and we are happy to say 100% of it was completed. A new 400 foot (estimated) trail connector was cut to extend Overlook Trail up to Goliath Rock. Their currently was and old existing trail which was closed about 5 years ago due to severe erosion. With the continuing development of the Ballfield trail network, this connector will provide a flowing chute to Overlook Trail without utilizing the fire road.

Read the full story and see trail pictures at the direct link below:
    http://www.dieselbikes.com/trails/ly...trail_work.htm
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

MC MasterShake
    Great job guys! Adding flow to Lynn will make this place amazing. The biggest complaint I get from people is that it's tough to figure out the loops and get a good flow going. I promise I'll try and make it out to the next maintence day. I ride these trails enough that I should be contributing.

LynnWoodsTrekker
    Aug 2006
    This looks like a nice place for a hardtail, I'll have to check it out. Thanks guys! I've got a nice set of hands too, I'll look for updates to lend a hand and maybe get the first crack at new trails It would be a good way for me to learn the spots too.

LynnWoodsTrekker
    Aug 2006
    Is this a difficult trail to get to? Another biker warned me to stay away from overlook crag if I didnt want to break my neck!

mtbr member
    You can break you neck anywhere. The trails at Lynn Woods do have a direction of flow; you just need to know where to go. There is plenty of fun stuff for all to build up skills and get a feel of the rocky terrain.

It is fun sometimes to explore on your own, but this can get boring fast. I would suggest checking out the group rides on Dieselbikes.

We are having a group ride in Lynn Woods this Sunday (27th) from the Ballfield parking lot starting at 3:00. We have no set pace, just ride and have fun. We will ride if there is rain, but not heavy down pours.

Later
    Diesel
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member

You Got To Be Kidding>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by learninglynnwoods
    Is this a difficult trail to get to? Another biker warned me to stay away from overlook crag if I didnt want to break my neck!
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe you and that other biker sould STAY HOME than. Or go ride the fells with the other geeks........