mtbr member

Lynn Woods Update 08.15.05

Many who ride in Lynn Woods may have heard of the recent mountain biker injury just a few weeks ago. This last incident has sparked a political battle with Lynn City officials regarding the condition of Ox Pasture Road (main fire road) and its accessibility by emergency vehicles. Repair of the fire road was to begin this summer under the agreement that Park Management was able to generate donations for the purchasing of material (crush stone) to repair the road. Many people believe the City should supply both material and labor for this project. But at this point in time, this is not the case.

Some may remember my Lynn Woods Posting dated 05/10/05 outline information for this project. Park Management feels that the road will be repaired but it is now unknown when it will begin. I ask any and all local Lynn (city resident) mountain bikes to write a letter to the Mayor’s Office requesting the repair of Ox Pasture Road in Lynn Woods. Anyone who wished to donate to this project should contact the following organizations:

- The Friends of Lynn Woods (Contact Number 781-593-7773)
    - Park Ranger (Contact 781-477-7123)
    - NEMBA
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

Who are the brain police?
    A newborn has kept me off my bike.. so what happened in Lynn Woods? What was the injury?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Happened two weeks ago on a Tuesday ride. Pete (forget his last name) and other local Lynn riders were out up by Bow Ridge. Pete’s seat snapped off, but the metal seat rails were still attached to the seat post. His leg was stabbed by the rail cutting his leg deep and causing him to go over his handle bars breaking his right arm.

Bad site but the fire/rescue came prepared and fairly quickly since they walked into the wood and carried Pete out. About 2 total hours. That is quick for getting people out of the Bow Ridge area.

This is the third mountain biker injury this year but Pete’s was the most serious. However, the city is concerned because mountain bikers are not the only ones that get hurt in Lynn Woods. So we are trying to push the City to fix the road out to the Wolf Pits.
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com