mtbr member

Lynn Woods Update 05.14.05

We (Lynn Woods Maintenance Volunteers) were able to complete 100% of our second trail maintenance project. Trail work was completed (see map and pictures below) at the end of the connector trail leading from Acapulco towards the main fire road. A section of trail was re-cut and moved to more stable ground for riding. This section features flowing turns and a few bumps to provide some fun.

We also constructed a 12 foot long pressure treated Ladder Bridge to cross the stream just before the fire road. The entrance and exit of the Ladder Bridge was armored with plate rock to ensure a durable base for bikers.

I want to extend my personal thanks to each individual (listed below) that helped complete this project. I look forward to see everyone again in future trail builds and/or maintenance projects.

- Nathaniel - Andover, MA
    - Heather - Groton, MA
    - Jim - Lynn, MA
    - Igor - Swampscott, MA
    - Tina - Lynn, MA
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Picture of the trail and bridge build team....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kearsarge crawler
    Is there more than one organization that does trailwork in Lynn Woods?
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

Authority is dead!
    I don't know any organizations that do any kind of work in LW except for the Ranger of the park. We are volunteers who work with approval by park's administration.
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    Is there more than one organization that does trailwork in Lynn Woods?
    There is one big organization that maintenances the South Side of Lynn Woods. This organization is the "Friends of Lynn Woods". They have been around since 1991.

NEMBA has complete some work in Lynn Woods, but the Trails on the North Side where most bikers ride are in poor condition.

Myself and a few others went to the Park Management and presented a plan to fix and maintenance the North Side. So far, this is working great.

Some people are pissed at us, but we don't blame them, they just need to get off there ASS and get to work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    To Minkiller

There are a large number of group that do work in Lynn Woods. The park ranger has done a great job at organizing groups from the local Eagle Scouts, NEMBA GE and numerous company volunteer days. These groups have been working hard and contributing thousands of man hours to Lynn Woods.

If you would like more information contact the Ranger and he can bring you up to date or you can check on the Friends of Lynn Woods website.

www.flw.org
    lwranger@shore.net

Kearsarge crawler
    I can only dream of finding that much help.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?