mtbr member

Lynn Woods Update 04.23.06

The first Trail Maintenance Day for Lynn Woods was completed on this past Saturday. This was an ambitious project and we are happy to say 100% of this project was completed. 1600 feet of NEW technical singletrack was cut at the top of the hill behind the ball field parking lot. Many who know the area understand getting to this location is a tough climb up, but future trail days by Dieselbikes will resolve some of these issues.

All 23 volunteers worked hard to complete this new section of trail in record time! The trail runs through rock formations to ensure long term use and 4 stone walkways were built to reduce trail erosion in key areas. This trail includes MANY technical rock features such as kickers, rollers and has a natural direction of flow. Yes, I said FLOW! This is probability the first trail in Lynn Woods that you can say has real FLOW.

I ask everyone to ride this new section so that the process of packing the soil naturally will occur. My team and I will monitor this section for the next few months making any adjustment if required. If you do not know where this trail is, find someone who does. Dieselbikes will be showcasing this trail during the Lynn Woods MBAS event on June 25th.

Dieselbikes has a ton of pictures on our site (www.dieselbikes.com). Please check it out and if you know anyone who helped, tell them THANK YOU, this is a kick ass trail.

I want to extend my personal thanks to each individual (listed below) that helped complete this project and GBNEMBA who brought work tools and lunch. This was a huge project (1600 feet of trail) and everyone worked there ASSES off! I look forward to see everyone again in future trail builds and/or maintenance projects.

Simon - Somerville, George - Somerville
    Tim - Somerville, Dave - Needham
    Gabe - Lynn, Pete - Lynn
    Carole - Somerville, Vat - Cambridge
    Paul - Jamaica Plain, Terry - Acton
    Doug - Braintree, Sarah - Arlington
    Yasemin - Somerville, Lynne - Waltham
    Chris - Peabody, Jeff - Melrose
    Nathaniel - Lynnfield, Lynne - Lynnfield
    Frank - Lynn, Tina - Lynn
    Thanks to the few people I forget to get names!
    Last edited by dieselbikes; 04-24-2006 at 04:31 AM.
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member

Action Pictures Are Posted

Did not have time yesterday, but all the pictures of the first mountain bikers to hit the NEW trail are posted on Dieselbikes. Here is the weblink to get to them:

http://www.dieselbikes.com/media/media.htm
    Click on the Link for Lynn Woods

Here are a few action shots....enjoy

Again, thanks to all who helped!
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselbikes
    I want to extend my personal thanks to each individual (listed below) that helped complete this project and GBNEMBA who brought work tools and lunch. This was a huge project (1600 feet of trail) and everyone worked there ASSES off! I look forward to see everyone again in future trail builds and/or maintenance projects.

Simon - Somerville, George - Somerville
    Tim - Somerville, Dave - Needham
    Gabe - Lynn, Pete - Lynn
    Carole - Somerville, Vat - Cambridge
    Paul - Jamaica Plain, Terry - Acton
    Doug - Braintree, Sarah - Arlington
    Yasemin - Somerville, Lynne - Waltham
    Chris - Peabody, Jeff - Melrose
    Nathaniel - Lynnfield, Lynne - Lynnfield
    Frank - Lynn, Tina - Lynn
    Thanks to the few people I forget to get names!
    Thank you all for your efforts from a lazy b@stard who didn't help, but rides there a lot! I look forward to checking the new trail out!!! You guys have done some incredible stuff over there at Lynn. Hopefully I'll be able to get involved in a trail project in the future.

Authority is dead!
    mad props for all the hard work!
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]