mtbr member

Lynn Woods Trail & Bridge Build Day (Saturday: July 9th)

On Saturday July 09, 2005, Dieselbikes will be holding a Trail Maintenance day in Lynn Woods. This trail day has been approved by the Lynn Woods Park Management. Saturday will begin phase one of repairing the Water Tower Trail Network. We require 15 volunteers (or more) to complete the job on Saturday. This work site is close to the parking lot! Here is what you need to know:

Start Time and Meeting Place:

Everyone should meet at the ball field parking lot (Great Woods Road Entrance) between 9:30am and 9:55am. We will be leaving the parking lot at 10:00 to head to the job site. If you can not make it there by 10:00, come any way and just ride out to the work site. We will put you to work.

Mapquest Link
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...eKDNHHMPycs%3d

Estimated Project Time:

We accept this project to take 3 hours to complete. Once complete, we will ride for the rest of the day!!!

What to Bring:

Bring your own bug spray, food, water, pair of work gloves and your bike!

What WE are going to do:

The map below shows the job site area. A section of Trail leading from the Water Tower to Ox Pasture Road requires repair to ensure long term sustainability. This Trail section was in a flood area and moved over two years ago. However its new route has deteriorated and now requires repair.

We will be building a bridge out of natural rock and stone to elevate a section of Trail and armoring the entrance and exits of this Trail Section with flat rock plate. There is plenty of rock and stone located around this Trail. It will be a labor intensive day but fun if you never built a rock/stone bridge before.

Tools will be provided for this work day. Please PM or e-mail (frankd@dieselbikes.com) if you need further information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member
    Many who have attended our last 3 trail work days know that everyone carried tools to and from the work site. Since the up coming trail day will require J-bars, a 2 ton wench and other tools, I am working with Park Management to provide a vehicle to shuttle the tools to and from the work site.

This vehicle will only be able to bring the tools to the head of the trail as it connects to the fire road. We (the volunteers) will still need to carry the tools about 100 feet to the trail work site, but this is far shorter than the last 3 trail days.

Since summer is finally here I suggest that everyone bring plenty of water to drink and food. Dieselbikes is not providing drinks or food for this trail days. In the future, this may change but for now it is cost prohibitive.
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member
    Due to pending weather and matters that I must attend to this weekend I have canceled the July 9th Trail Day at Lynn Woods.

I will post a new date for this Trail Day early next week. I apologize for such a short notice. If any one has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com