Dec 2005

lynn woods snow

hey how much snow is still in lynn woods

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by path123
    I was wondering the same thing this morning. When we had that rain the other day I was psyched! I looked out in my yard and saw grass! Then it changed over to snow and I cursed mother nature for mocking me. DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!

I like to ride my bike.

Wink It's ok

Quote Originally Posted by path123
    I was there on sat. It was okay in the sunny spots that are exposed but in the deep woods there is some snow. I actually did not ride but hiked. I saw about 6 freeriders there so I'm assuming it's not too bad for biking. Some patches of ice.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Closed

Isn't Lynn Woods closed to bikers in the winter? In the past I would have not really cared either way but it seems like the whole area is continuously one step away from being completely closed to bikes. There are a ton of places to ride that don't get the traffic and have no closures other than lynn woods that maybe people should be checking out. I've always found that in the winter you don't need to be riding the sickest trails because with Ice and snow even the easy spots become pretty challenging. Throw on the studded tires and head some to some of the old standby trails you haven't ridden in a while, they will probably be a blast.

But thats just my humble internet opinion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Closed Jan 1 to Apr 15.

It should be fine to ride right now.

hcor enthusiast
    please respect the seasonal closure @ Lynn...riding is prohibited from the first of the year until Apr 15 or thereabouts, subject to the Ranger's call.
    We are to blame because our culture has come to value two qualities above all else: “cheap”, and “more”.

mtbr member
    LYNN WOODS is CLOSED to mountain bikers until April 15th. Visit www.dieselbikes.com for any information regarding Lynn Woods.
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

I like to ride my bike.

Yes, I KNOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dieselbikes
    LYNN WOODS is CLOSED to mountain bikers until April 15th. Visit www.dieselbikes.com for any information regarding Lynn Woods.
    You are making it sound like I am a crimminal. I don't, do not, will not, have not, and don't intend to ride my bike at Lynn woods when biking is not allowed. I respect the rule and understand all the stuff about trail erosion. So, in the off season, I hike there.
    Since you replied to my thread, I thought when you said that, you were mad at me or somthing.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Williams
    You are making it sound like I am a crimminal. I don't, do not, will not, have not, and don't intend to ride my bike at Lynn woods when biking is not allowed. I respect the rule and understand all the stuff about trail erosion. So, in the off season, I hike there.
    Since you replied to my thread, I thought when you said that, you were mad at me or somthing.
    I am sorry if this posting sounded harsh. Just letting people know when Lynn Woods re-opens.

We are working with the land managers to either shorten the closure time or get rid of it for the year. Trail erosion is a problem, but we are trying to keep a group of rides together for yearly trail maintenance.

Again, you are not a crimminal, just another rider like us that would love to ride in Lynn Woods now when the weather is spring like in mid-winter.

Later
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com