mtbr member

Lynn Woods - Philly in the house Thursday 6/11

Sup everyone, me and two other guys from Philly are heading up to Kingdom Trails, VT this weekend, but we are swinging through Boston to stay at a friends house Wed night. We are going to hit Lynn Woods on Thursday 6/11 probably around noon. Can anyone who knows the trails hit up a ride with us and show us around? Two of us rode there in 2007 and it was awesome, hence our return trip. If not, please let me know a suggested route. Thanks a lot! Lou
    bike = good

MC MasterShake
    I may be able to help you if the weather holds out. How long of a ride are you looking for? I'll be on my lunch break but I may be able to make it a dentist appointment as well

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply! At least an hour at a good pace, 1.5 hours would be better. 2 hours at the most. We ride 6" travel bikes and like to move at a pretty good clip, but we are on vacation so it's all good. Thanks again!
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt_merchant
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply! At least an hour at a good pace, 1.5 hours would be better. 2 hours at the most. We ride 6" travel bikes and like to move at a pretty good clip, but we are on vacation so it's all good. Thanks again!
    I've been riding Lynn Woods for almost 21 years....I THINK I might just be able to help you guys out....Shoot me a PM. CF...................

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt_merchant
    Check your PM.

mtbr member

Philly cheese steak,

Well met up with and rode today with the boys from Philly and I've said this many times before but once again this is really is what this sport should be about. I LOVE bikes anything and everything bikes, but what I really love is turning someone on to this sport for the first time, or showing someone a new riding spot / new trail. Today I got to do just that, these guys were a great bunch and had all the skills needed to ride Lynn Woods ( and than some). And specking of skills Man O Man let me tell you something Woodark is the real deal..Double threat, crazy skills AND plenty fast...Take this anyway you want, I know hard core real deal rideing, my opinion is NOBODY can match my old Sunday morning and Tuesday night crew ( No not Diesel bikes) the REAL 20 plus year Sunday morning Tuesday night crew. Sweed, Dr. Pete, Gilday, etc,etc,(Haven't ridden with them thus far this season but they will ALWAYS be my crew) NOBODY can hang with or touch these guys but I completely belive Woodark could and would fit into this group very nicely....Well the boys from Philly were indeed a great group and I hope they stick around long enough for a Sunday ride @ School St. But if not you guys make sure you look me up ANYTIME you make your way back to Boston......Have a safe trip back gentlemen....Cheers......... CF.......................

mtbr member

Blood donation to Lynn Woods

Holy shizat, what an amazing ride at Lynn Woods! Me and my 2 buddies (Rob and Curt) had the ultimate pleasure and privilege to ride with Bill and Fred. Thanks so much guys for your time and sharing those awesome lines and trails. Rob and I rode Lynn Woods back in Oct 2007 and boy did we miss a lot of the good stuff. The loop these guys took us on was the bomb, and I crashed at least 5 times, more than I have crashed in the past year. I was trying to hold Bills pace on unfamiliar territory and I paid the price in blood and bruises, but it was so worth it and I would do it again tomorrow. Oh and I forgot to mention my bike took a beating also! Curt has pics of the carnage and I will post some here when I get them from him. The good old Phillies took and little beating from the Sox also until we redeemed ourselves Sunday night. Whew, glad we didn't get swept. But man oh man, Lynn Woods is incredible, and I second CF when he says how enjoyable it is to show someone from out of town your trails. If anyone makes it to Philly, be sure to look me up and you will not believe the trails we have here. I will go on the record here and say the Wissahickon Park is every bit as good as Lynn Woods, and it is in Philadelphia. If you doubt me, get your ass down here and let me show you! Thanks again fellas and hope to be back this year...
    bike = good