mtbr member
    Sep 2008

looking to ride this weekend

want to ride some good trails this weekend. im in chicopee, ma.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    anything local??

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Not too far up the road, there is a Work Day Saturday morning at Wendell State Forest 8:00 AM. Some of us have afternoon commitments, but I'm sure someone will be riding post work...

Harold
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    do u ride batchelor st or earls trails?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MassRider413
    do u ride batchelor st or earls trails?
    wheres that?

mtbr member
    with in riding distance to chicopee!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by danwrzesinski
    wheres that?

If you want to ride some sweet trails, there aren't too many spots that are better than B-Street. B-street is pretty rocky and technical while Earl's is much smoother and flowy. But Earl's also has a good amount of climbing. If you plan your ride at Earl's right you can finish the ride with a mile plus long DH right back to car. To yourself a favor and find someone to show you around those spots.

Seeing how you are in Chicopee you should also check out Case Mt. in Manchester Ct and the West Hartford Rez. Both are fun spots not too far away.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    oh man i need someone to show me these trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mailloux

If you want to ride some sweet trails, there aren't too many spots that are better than B-Street. B-street is pretty rocky and technical while Earl's is much smoother and flowy. But Earl's also has a good amount of climbing. If you plan your ride at Earl's right you can finish the ride with a mile plus long DH right back to car. To yourself a favor and find someone to show you around those spots.

Seeing how you are in Chicopee you should also check out Case Mt. in Manchester Ct and the West Hartford Rez. Both are fun spots not too far away.
    couldnt be put any better ^^^^

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    is there anywhere that has bridges and ladders. i love that stuff
    Also, how is skinner in hadley,south hadley or mount tom in holyoke or scott tower area in holyoke ma? are any of these places good to ride and easy to get your way around and find some nice trails. kinda want to go to one of these and have some fun this weekend on my new bike

mtbr member
    Irishblue76 is in Chicopee and rides Chicopee state park (or forest whatever it is called). I think she describes it as not very big but good for an easy access any time ride. I believe they have a trail set up with a few skinnies and maybe few small jumps. Im not positive though.

Edit... I agree with the Bachelors sentiments. I ve never ridden Earls but B Street was pretty fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    can anyone tell me where exactly b street (bachelor street??) is???

mtbr member
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...0&iwstate1=dir

Hopefully this works. If not its listed under Holyoke Range.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeland2
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...0&iwstate1=dir

Hopefully this works. If not its listed under Holyoke Range.
    is batchelor street the one in granby?? and where do i park my car??

mtbr member
    you all missed a great day at earls. except for me crashing and hurting my arm, i dont think ill be riding for a few days

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    argggh!!! i wanna go riding somewhere good that isnt too far from chicopee. i need to go ride with someone who knows the area well.

mtbr member
    i know earls pretty well. i know a few solid loops

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i know earls pretty well. i know a few solid loops
    Massrider where are you from? Maybe I could go riding with you there next time you go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    is there anywhere that has bridges and ladders. i love that stuff
    Also, how is skinner in hadley,south hadley or mount tom in holyoke or scott tower area in holyoke ma? are any of these places good to ride and easy to get your way around and find some nice trails. kinda want to go to one of these and have some fun this weekend on my new bike
    If you want ladders & bridges Case Mt. is the best spot close by, tons of that stuff there. B-street and Earls are both all natural, but the trails are so sweet you don't need that other stuff. If you want to learns any of those spots the best way is to start a thread here asking for a guide, thats how I first learned (what little I know anyway) of B-street.

If your looking for a close by RAW (ride after work) then Robinson St Park in Agawam is your best bet, much better than Chicopee St Park. There is a group ride every thurs evening at Robinson.

mtbr member
    Massrider where are you from? Maybe I could go riding with you there next time you go.
    i live in belchertown. i wanna go to earls this weekend (6/13 or 6/14). if i do go ill tell you probably on this thread or i will start my own regarding my plans.
    Last edited by MassRider413; 06-07-2009 at 04:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i live in belchertown. i wanna go to earls this weekend (6/13 or 6/14). if i do go ill tell you probably on this thread or i will start my own regarding my plans.
    Dan
    If you ride Earl's be prepared to climb. I rode there for the first time this year with some friends. We did something like 11 miles and climbed like 3000 feet.
    Last edited by Tim Mailloux; 06-07-2009 at 06:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mailloux
    Dan
    If you ride Earl's be prepared to climb. I rode there for the first time this year with some friends. We did something like 11 miles and climbed like 3000 feet.
    Thanks for the heads up. Climbing is my enemy

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the heads up. Climbing is my enemy

Ummm...then you might want to consider moving to another riding region as climbing is endemic to the Pioneer Valley ! Honestly I think of B-Street and Earl's as the least 'climbing intensive' rides we have...but they are by anyone's standards both pretty damn hilly!

Seriously, don't be put off by the threat of climbing at earl's, yeah it's hilly--but it's also very smooth and what Tim didn't mention was that his average speed was probably around 11mph even with all the climbing (which is, on a mountain bike, pretty darn fast!).

It's fun and easy to ride Earl's and B-street in the same ride (some real ying and yang contrast!)-

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    Ummm...then you might want to consider moving to another riding region as climbing is endemic to the Pioneer Valley ! Honestly I think of B-Street and Earl's as the least 'climbing intensive' rides we have...but they are by anyone's standards both pretty damn hilly!

Seriously, don't be put off by the threat of climbing at earl's, yeah it's hilly--but it's also very smooth and what Tim didn't mention was that his average speed was probably around 11mph even with all the climbing (which is, on a mountain bike, pretty darn fast!).

It's fun and easy to ride Earl's and B-street in the same ride (some real ying and yang contrast!)-

Haha don't worry I can climb. It's just if I had a choice to climb or be brought up, I would be brought up. I guess it's just that I'm lazy and just want to get to the fun stuff without having to work for it. Maybe its my generation.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Must be. The climbing is the fun stuff for some of us old guys...

Lead a great group up Mt Toby tonight...Now that's a climb that'll test your metal!
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...