mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Looking for cape riders..(aren't we all?)

Yep, another visitor looking for folks to ride with. I remember there was a group out of orleans I rode with a few times at Nickerson and Yarmouth, and another for ToT--always a good ride at those areas.

I haven't ridden Otis since 2001... anyway, I'll be on the lovely cape all next week (and this weekend) and I'd love to meet up with anyone (any level of ride or riders). Drop me a PM with contacts....I enjoy guiding visitors to my area (western, ma) and would gladly reciprocate.

Liam

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Liam, I'm currently without bike but hope to remedy that this week. I'm also going to be backpacking in the Whites tomorrow until the weekend. That being said I live in Falmouth and would be happy to lead an Otis tour if I get a ride. If not I can put you in touch with some people, there is a TOT group that rides at 5pm on Fridays.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks, IB Steve...I just sent you a PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I usually ride TOT every weekend and would be happy to show you around but sadly I'll be in Maine all this weekend with the gf (going to try and sneak in some riding up there if I can!). Besides the ride on Fridays there is also a group of guys that ride every Tuesday at TOT that leave around 6:30pm. Many of the guys on that ride have been riding there for 15+ years and should be down to give you a good tour.

mtbr member
    this page has info on areas and group rides. note - i think the Nickerson weekday group rides are now on Wednesday nights at 5:30.

Cape Cod Mountain Biking | Bike Shop | Cape Cod Sea Sports
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Longshanks,

That bike link ought to be a sticky--wonderful info. I got out yesterday and rode all of the willow st trails and after some hunting, found those boy scout camp trails (at least I think that's what they were...) as well. Close to 20 miles of trails I have never ridden before in an area I've been riding for 10 years! FWIW Yarmouth/ Boy Scout Camp Trails are possibly the best trails I've ridden at the Cape (lots of time at ToT and Nickerson, been a while but I've ridden Otis a bit as well)--though, all of the places I've ridden have been great. Someday I'll find those 'endless trails' on the outer Cape I've heard legends about.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan View Post
    Longshanks,

That bike link ought to be a sticky--wonderful info. I got out yesterday and rode all of the willow st trails and after some hunting, found those boy scout camp trails (at least I think that's what they were...) as well. Close to 20 miles of trails I have never ridden before in an area I've been riding for 10 years! FWIW Yarmouth/ Boy Scout Camp Trails are possibly the best trails I've ridden at the Cape (lots of time at ToT and Nickerson, been a while but I've ridden Otis a bit as well)--though, all of the places I've ridden have been great. Someday I'll find those 'endless trails' on the outer Cape I've heard legends about.
    Hey, that's awesome. Glad it helped. I'm lucky enough to work at IFAW and commute on those trails all the time and ride them at lunch as well. Also, the Willow trails are ridiculously fast when they freeze over in the winter (not a lot of snow here and a local rider leafblows them clean).
    Feel free to PM next time you're down.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Throwing this out there on an old thread.

I've been semi-consistently riding nights at Otis. Anyone is the area who wants to meet up let me know. I usually hit the trail by 630. 1-2 hours, intermediate/relaxed 10-15 miles.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Just getting into the MTB scene. Have a Hardrock but just put a down payment on a new 14' Giant Trance 27.5 1. Should get it this week

I live in Sandwich. Can get out at varied times with a short heads up. Never been to the major spots on Cape.

Hola y Gracias
    Everything you want is on the other side of fear!