Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008

Logging? Blue Blazes at Batchelor

So before the recent monsoon like weather a buddy and were out at Batchelor St. and noticed a whole lot of Blue Blazes on trees. My buddy seemed to think that this was part of a seasonal land management plan. etc..

What I want to know is:

When are the loggers coming? Is this an inevitability? Couldn't find anything on the NEMBA site.

A little feedback here would good as it seems like a good chunk of the lower trails will be effected.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm on the other coast, so can only offer some generic suggestions.

I'd contact the land manager or agency first, be it county, state, whatever. See if they have anything on their web site or newsletter, or have a public information office.

If you turn up blanks with that, see if your state has a forestry department or something similar. In California, there is a state agency that reviews timber harvest plans.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Contact the management forester for that area. My guess is that is Eastern Ct. Valley. Lots of info here but I see no indication of any activity in that district. Could be home fuelwood if it's all near easily accessible forest roads.

mtbr member
    Logging is planned for B street during April and May of 2099. Ride it while you can!

Seriously though, them blue blazes been there for a long time. Long as I can remember, and I've been riding there for almost a decade.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    Logging is planned for B street during April and May of 2099. Ride it while you can!

Seriously though, them blue blazes been there for a long time. Long as I can remember, and I've been riding there for almost a decade.
    Bastard! You got me good with that one, didn't notice the 2099 and thought you meant this year.

Love B street can't wait to head out there once it dries out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    According to a guy I ran into who claimed to have been one of the original B-Street builders, they are logging blazes from a plan to log off that section but it was abandoned due to protest.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    Love B street can't wait to head out there once it dries out.
    Thanks!

An FYI for everyone: There will be a handful of trailwork days this spring. We (NEMBA/ B street trail care crew) plan to get a bunch of work done early in the spring when the trails are mucky and unrideable, then spend the season enjoying the fruits of our labor. Dates to be announced soon. Hope you can make it.

Chaz

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    Thanks!

An FYI for everyone: There will be a handful of trailwork days this spring. We (NEMBA/ B street trail care crew) plan to get a bunch of work done early in the spring when the trails are mucky and unrideable, then spend the season enjoying the fruits of our labor. Dates to be announced soon. Hope you can make it.

Chaz
    Yes I'd love to help, I enjoy trail work. Post dates up here when your ready. I have a rotating work schedule but have lots of time off too. If I'm not working I'll be there.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Dont ride Batch unless it is frozen again!

Mucky and unrideable. Though there are stretches that have tempted riders, there is no possible loop without leaving this behind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logging? Blue Blazes at Batchelor-batchelor-st-3_4_10.jpg  

http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by hado_pv
    Mucky and unrideable. Though there are stretches that have tempted riders, there is no possible loop without leaving this behind.
    Who left those tracks?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    so how do you explain all of last season??????????????????????