mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Location of drops/man made features in Willowdale?

Hi all, just started riding at willowdale recently, been a couple time now. I've seen some pictures of drops and manmade features but I haven't been able to find them the couple times I've been. Pretty confusing place.

Anyone know of the places that have the man-made features?

Also.. is there any simple way of keeping track of all the various trails? I feel like I've ended up riding short stretches of single track that always feed back out the fire roads, I'd love to be able to link sections of single track together for more continuous riding.

Thanks!

StartBiking!
    Jun 2006
    Hey man. I have many GPX tracks for Willowdale. Everything from 15 miles rides to short 5 milers (the short one my rear derailleur exploded). I have one on startbiking.com that marks where some of the man-made features are.

Go here: Startbiking : Willowdale State Forest
    Right hand side of the page is a ride from 2012-03-24. Take a look at the map and download the GPX file. It should be what you are looking for. Working on getting the rest of the maps / GPX files for Willowdale and the other trails uploaded. Hopefully have a full set available soon.
    -jk
    startbiking - get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Hey man. I have many GPX tracks for Willowdale. Everything from 15 miles rides to short 5 milers (the short one my rear derailleur exploded). I have one on startbiking.com that marks where some of the man-made features are.

Go here: Startbiking : Willowdale State Forest
    Right hand side of the page is a ride from 2012-03-24. Take a look at the map and download the GPX file. It should be what you are looking for. Working on getting the rest of the maps / GPX files for Willowdale and the other trails uploaded. Hopefully have a full set available soon.
    Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Anyone ever organize rides on here?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    HobHayward,

I'm pretty much at Willowdale every weekend either Saturday, Sunday, or both. I usually ride solo or with one other. I'm always up for meeting and riding with new people.

I know where a few man made features are (an A-Frame and a few skinnies) and a couple of drops (small 2-3 footer and a big 8-10 footer). I'm on a hardtail 26er trail bike, so I don't hit these, but I do ride by them.

Willowdale is a pretty confusing place. Its easy to get turned around in there. I know a few good loops where you can just keep riding for miles. I don't think I'll be there next weekend (trying to make it up to Kingdom Trails), but I should definitely be there the weekend after that. Let me know if your interested in riding together.

I think it would be awesome to get a big group ride going.

Go Bruins!
    I think Riverside Cycles in Newburyport does a weekly night ride at Willowdale either Tuesday and Wednesday starting at 6pm from the Linebrook Rd. parking area.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I frequently see a big group ride departing from Linebrook on Saturdays, I think. Late morning-ish. Not sure who runs it.