mtbr member

Local trails in Sandwich

Im looking for some trails near me within sandwich cause the small trails near me are gettin pretty boaring. just looking for some small trails with a little bit of technical stuff if possible. it would have to be in east sandwich because i dont hace a car yet and i would have to ride there.any help would be appreciated.

bench pressing meat eater
    trail of tears would be your best bet

i went there today and theres about 20 miles of trails there...reallllll goood!

its right of exit 5 youll see a road called service road take that then its on the left where the powerlines are

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

TOT and Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by onajeep
    Im looking for some trails near me within sandwich cause the small trails near me are gettin pretty boaring. just looking for some small trails with a little bit of technical stuff if possible. it would have to be in east sandwich because i dont hace a car yet and i would have to ride there.any help would be appreciated.
    You can also access the trails off of Chase Road at the power lines, go east and you ride Trail of Tears, go west and you have alot of singletrack in Sandwich. We do group rides Wednesday and Friday 5pm, mostly intermediate and some expert riders.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Doh!

Mmmm, Open Faced Club Sandwich.......

mtbr member

Go Red Raiders!!

Quote Originally Posted by capemtb
    You can also access the trails off of Chase Road at the power lines, go east and you ride Trail of Tears, go west and you have alot of singletrack in Sandwich. We do group rides Wednesday and Friday 5pm, mostly intermediate and some expert riders.
    Where do you meet for the rides? Is it cool just to show up and ride? I grew up in Marstons Mills and actually did the original GPS mapping for the town of Barnstable GES office to make those original trail maps back 7 years ago. Used to venture back in there on the Barn. side as kids on our BMX bikes we outfitted with fatter tires (Univega Path Finder, PK Ripper, Redline etc.). There are quite a few new trails in there, and I enjoyed riding them at the Nemba fest, although I was hoping the fest would have a little more partying and free Harpoon. How many riders go out usually? I'm guessing it's getting to be "lights needed" season if you leave at 5 pm. I come down (from Gloucester) to visit my parents and some friends occasionally and it would be great to join you for a ride if that is cool. If not, that;s cool too. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Slayer
    Where do you meet for the rides? Is it cool just to show up and ride? I grew up in Marstons Mills and actually did the original GPS mapping for the town of Barnstable GES office to make those original trail maps back 7 years ago. Used to venture back in there on the Barn. side as kids on our BMX bikes we outfitted with fatter tires (Univega Path Finder, PK Ripper, Redline etc.). There are quite a few new trails in there, and I enjoyed riding them at the Nemba fest, although I was hoping the fest would have a little more partying and free Harpoon. How many riders go out usually? I'm guessing it's getting to be "lights needed" season if you leave at 5 pm. I come down (from Gloucester) to visit my parents and some friends occasionally and it would be great to join you for a ride if that is cool. If not, that;s cool too. Ride on.
    We meet at the Race Lane parking area Wed. & Fri., about a mile west of the grass airport(rte. 149). It was starting to get dark as we were heading home. We usually have 6-12 people guys and gals, mostly intermediate skill range (9-12 miles)and some expert riders(11-15miles) who like to break off and do a faster pace. We always have a cold Harpoon in the parking area after,so bring a chair and a cooler. Stop on in, if you like any time. Chris

mtbr member

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by capemtb
    We meet at the Race Lane parking area
    I grew up very close to there, on Blackthorn rd, off of Old Mill rd. Must have gone swimming in Mystic lake about 1000 times, no joke. Thanks for the invite, you just may see us (me & my wife).

mtbr member

Finally rode trail of tears

i diddnt even know i was on the trail of tears but it finally connected. i was out on the power lines lookin for my freinds dirtbike muffler and we saw some trails and rode them for a while (we were both on mtbs not his dirtbike) i thought the trails were great and saw some other bikers out there. this was my first serious trail that i have done besides some small trails near my house and im thinkin of bikin there next weekend but ill prob get lost hehe