mtbr member

Lexington Singletracks

I linked several conservation lands in Lexington with some on-street sections and came up with an alternative to the Minuteman from Arlington out to Concord that is mostly singletrack.

Nor'Easter Backcountry: Lexington Singletracks (July 2012)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    like!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I rode form brighton to wilmington by mostly dirt, 3 + hours. So get into beverbrook and beaverbrook north in belmont. Hook into the western greenway. Find some watertower near lot 1.Bike under 128 on lincoln st. There are lots of options in waltham near the old hospital. Bike trails and paths. Spring hill and cranberry hill too. The Katadin "swamp" was pretty brutal. It follows a sewer connector, overgrown bushwacking and lots of wet areas. It does hook up to the minute man however.

What you can do is take the MNHP carriage way to the absolute end at Old Bedford Rd. Jog to the right a bit then cross the road and ride down that dirt road to the end. It will eventually turn into a trail. At the fields stay left - you can follow those trails to Ridge road which will get you closer to Concord center.

mtbr member
    Phil- I'll give you a tour sometime. It should be easy to get to from the Greenway using Spring St.

Leeboh- How did you get from the Minuteman over into Wilmington? Narrow Gauge and then....?

(TOM)- Nice little shortcut to the Reformatory Brook Trail you've got there. I'd much prefer that to dodging cars on the main road into Concord. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Reverse of what I detailed last week. So from the MM bikeway to the cemetery to paint mine to LL Forest. Exit under rt3 follow rt 62 to the power lines follow to Mil pond reservoir to burlington and wilmington conservation area. About 3.5 miles of pave. Those power lines also go all the way to the Shawsheen tech in billerica, Had to hoof it across the river though to get past the school.

mtbr member
    This is all some really interesting stuff... Nice work. How many logs and rocks are we talking about in this single track. Can a cross bike handle it all pretty well?

mtbr member
    A CX bike should do fine. There's only maybe one or two spots (rock wall & rock stairs) where you might have to step off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Interesting, I've been looking for places to ride in the area.

mtbr member
    I'm happy to give a tour of what I've found any time that you're interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noreasterbackcountry View Post
    I'm happy to give a tour of what I've found any time that you're interested.
    I'd love to, apparently my post count is too low to pm though haha. I will have to go blabber a bit on the forum.