mtbr member

Leominster State Forest Slideshow

[SIZE=2]Awesome ride today. I think the final tally was 32 people that showed up to ride which we split into three groups. I've been there many times but most of the trails we rode today were new to me. That ledges area had some sick rollers. I don't think I would ever have the courage to roll down a 15' rock that is nearly vertical with almost no transition at the bottom. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Anyway, I didn't take many pictures but I did take about 50 minutes of helmet camera footage and grabbed about 60 pics from that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Below is the link to the slideshow. You can click the icon in the middle of the screen to view it full screen. However, I recommend not using the full screen. It stretches the images so they actually donít look as crisp. There is music so adjust your volume accordingly. If the music doesn't start right away you will have to restart the show (sometimes the show starts before the music is done downloading).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Slideshow Link[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Enjoy! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Kevin[/SIZE]

person
    From the shots, it looks like you spent most of the ride around Wolf Rock Rd, King Tut's Hgwy and Paradise Alley, definitely the more technical trails in the park. I saw you guys getting ready in the lot this morning, and its good that you had a nice turn out. Please tell me that you spent some time at the bowl though, its one of the funnest things about Leo.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Sounds like you know the place pretty good. I am just getting back into riding. What parts of Leominster are good to ride that aren't real techincal for two reasons I am not that good and my conditioning stinks right now.

person
    Here's the park map
    http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/trails/Leominster.gif

All of the trails on the map marked multi-use are great. Most of the them have a wide range of terrain features though, so there really isn't and "easy" trail. Even so, they are still ridable by a beginner, you may just have to walk through some spots. The Loop trail would probably be the exception, there's really only 1 or 2 really tough spots, but its still been very fun to ride even as my skills have progressed. Its best ridden going right when you start.

If there was one day you ever wanted a guided ride PM me, we might be able to work something out.

-Dave

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Good job!

This trails look awesome. I can't wait to ride here when my bike comes it!

What are the trails I should start out on? Is it usually busy there?

person
    your best bet is to just print out a park map and explore. Every trail labelled multi-used is great.

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch