mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Leominster State Forest

There may already be a thread about LSF but I figured i'd mention this anyway.. I hadn't been to LSF for a few years up until Friday.....

WOW!! It is GREAT! There are a bunch of new trails that are really, really fun. I rode for 2.5 hours yesterday and today and still have about 30-40% of the forest left to explore.

I used Strava to find all the new trails and it definitely saved me a lot of wondering around since there are a lot of fire roads.

Trails like Spooky Forest, Hillybilly Heaven, Crackpipe, Frack, Frick, and Jane Fonda are all a BLAST.

There is literally something for everyone too, flat fireroads, tough climbs, ridiculous downhills, and really technical single track that will challenge anyone.

Also, if you're on Strava, don't get discouraged if you finish a segment and see that someone named "Biff Tannen" absolutely destroyed your time.... that is pro mountain bike racer Adam Snyder and he SHREDS.

mtbr member

Leominster State Forest

I agree, LSF is tough to beat in Central Mass.
    I've also cursed out "Biff" as he stole one of my very few KOMs recently. His times on some of the segments like "Spanky" just seem impossibly fast.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I actually rode that segment yesterday and I agree, what an animal! He must be on a very light 130-150mm trail bike that climbs like no other.. I might as well not even bother on the climbing segments with my heavy 165mm slayer haha!

I did actually manage to take a KOM from him today, pretty pumped. Beat him by 6 seconds on the "The Descent!" segment. Nearly crashed a few times cause of all the leaves!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had a blast there at the last kona adventure series ride, haven't been back since unfortunately. Its only going to get better, especially once the build singletrack to eliminate the disgusting fire road climb!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveboston View Post
    I had a blast there at the last kona adventure series ride, haven't been back since unfortunately. Its only going to get better, especially once the build singletrack to eliminate the disgusting fire road climb!
    Are they (I assume NEMBA?) planning on doing that? If so i'd love to help.... been hardcore landscaping for the last year so I can move earth lol!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobine View Post
    I agree, LSF is tough to beat in Central Mass.
    I've also cursed out "Biff" as he stole one of my very few KOMs recently. His times on some of the segments like "Spanky" just seem impossibly fast.
    Same here. What impresses me most is that he'd didn't go in there and hammer out a KOM or two, he'd do a ~18mile loop at a constant pace and set numerous KOM's at speeds I can't imagine. Dude is FAST.

mtbr member
    Yes we are working with the DCR on plans for improvements and a important new connector trail. Meetings, rides and trail days are posted on our facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/WachusettNemba

Quote Originally Posted by shredjekyll View Post
    Are they (I assume NEMBA?) planning on doing that? If so i'd love to help.... been hardcore landscaping for the last year so I can move earth lol!
    2012 Banshee Prime
    2011 Salsa Mukluk

Wachusett NEMBA