Delirious Tuck

Leominster SF Suggestions

I'll be up in Princeton next weekend, probably going to hit Leominster 2x, Friday mid-day and Saturday earlyish... any suggested routes, do's, issues to be weary of, etc.?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I haven't been there enough to suggest routes, but I will suggest:
    - Bugs. Lots of them. It'll probably be drier this weekend so they won't be as bad, but bring repellent if you're the type that enjoys stopping. They won't bother you as long as you're riding.
    - I occasionally see horses there. If you aren't aware of good horse etiquette, don't ever pass from behind unless the rider waves you on. Stopping to the side when they approach you is a good courtesy.

Have fun! Friday looks especially beautiful weather wise.

Delirious Tuck
    any other trail systems in the area worth checking out? Don't want to stray too far from where we're staying but definitely want a couple hours of riding in...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If you like climbing I think the tail name is Crow Hill in LSF. Also the wolf rock trails are awesome. Bugspray is a must. Depending on what the week looks like I may be there on Saturday morning.

Delirious Tuck
    Bug Spray will be brought.

Other trails locally?

I was fiddling with the idea of hitting highland early sunday or saturday as an alternate. Edit... doubt that will be a 3 hour round trip plus ride... I'm staying right by Wachusett Ski area so extremely convenient to LSF.
    Last edited by thefriar; 07-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There are tons of trails in the area. One of my favorites is Rayburn in Millbury

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Millbury is very good.

LSF.... the trails off the E end of Parmenter Rd are good, both sides of the Road. There is a nice around the middle of Fenton Road I think that heads off in the Eastern direction. Loops I think back onto Fenton. Trail on the North end of Fenton is good too. Trails north of Rocky Pond rd right next to the parking lot on 31 are good too.... There is alot of terrain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I usually ride rocky pond road. And I think its called Bald hill not Crow as I stated in an earlier post

Delirious Tuck
    Any comments on Bike selection for LSF? Trail Bike/SS/AM?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I ride a full suspension all mountain. I have a friend that rides a full rigid single speed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Leominster's outstanding qualities are rocky and technical. So whatever bike is best for that.

Delirious Tuck
    Gotcha, so par for the course New England. Just didn't want to get there with a little bike and find out there were Vietnam/Trumbull style goodies to be had.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There is almost none of that in Leominster. Very technical riding

Delirious Tuck
    Fantastic. The 29er should be perfect.

mtbr member
    There is some really techy stuff in there. Here is a steep roller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leominster SF Suggestions-video_0030.jpg  

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy
    There is some really techy stuff in there. Here is a steep roller.
    How deep is that? I've been doing the same two Millbury trails over and over again. While they are great trails I need to get a little variety. If it takes me about 3h to do the entire singletary trail (including the two side trails off the main fireroad), what should I plan for LSF?
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

tech stuff

Hey woodsguy or anyone else:

After years of riding at Leominster I just found that tech trail you were referring to but I didn't have time to fully explore it yet. I found the one entrance off of Wolf Rock Road, but does the trail pop out anywhere else or is the Wolf Rock entrance the only one? Is there any other major section of trail besides that that isn't on the published map? I've noticed some newer cut stuff on the east side of Wolf Rock Road off of the existing trails, but that's it.

Props to whomever built that trail-- it's by far the most tech trail I've seen in Leominster and does a nice job of taking advantage of the terrain.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    That is a really good trail. I have been riding LSF since 2000 and know all of the trails really well now. If anyone wants a tour I would be willing to lead a group ride on a Saturday or Sunday. I am actually heading there this afternoon. PM me if you want to ride there.
    Last edited by mygoatboy; 08-15-2010 at 10:31 AM.