mtbr member
    Feb 2013

LBS around Central MA

I'm about to pick up my first bike in about 7 years and I'm looking for a good/reputable shop around Central MA. I'm open to travel a bit further than that if I must so I'm open to all suggestions. I live on the NH border so I'm open to NH shops as well if you know of any. In my 7 year hiatus I have turned into a Clyde so I need some help finding a bike I won't break while I get rid of the extra padding, hence the need for a good shop

blet drive
    you should check out landrys bikes in westboro or Natick.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5 View Post
    you should check out landrys bikes in westboro or Natick.
    Thanks Jungle, that one popped up when I did a search. Do you prefer one location to the other or are they both good?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Have you checked out Souhegan Cycleworks in Milford, NH?

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    GearWorks in Leominster MA.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm a recent convert to Landry's in Natick. I moved to Framingham last summer and having been treated like crap at Belmont Wheel Works for years, it was a breath of fresh air. Jeremy, Doug, and the staff there did great work, talked out changes and really did wonders in the world of customer service. Great LBS right there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I'm a recent convert to Landry's in Natick. I moved to Framingham last summer and having been treated like crap at Belmont Wheel Works for years, it was a breath of fresh air. Jeremy, Doug, and the staff there did great work, talked out changes and really did wonders in the world of customer service. Great LBS right there!
    Hi there - I'm really sorry you had a bad experience at Wheelworks. If you feel like giving us a second chance, my name is Dan and I'll do my best to make sure you have a positive experience. It can be hectic sometimes in there at the busiest times, but if you shoot me a message here when you would like to come in I can make myself available.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

LBS around Central MA

+1 for Souhegan Cycleworks and Gearworks Cyclery. Souhegan is much more about MTB than Gearworks though. Just got a 2011 RM Altitude there, and I am loving it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbraxis View Post
    +1 for Souhegan Cycleworks and Gearworks Cyclery. Souhegan is much more about MTB than Gearworks though. Just got a 2011 RM Altitude there, and I am loving it.
    Both shops have demos or rentals available, definitely try before you buy.
    2012 Banshee Prime
    2011 Salsa Mukluk

Wachusett NEMBA

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M0 View Post
    Thanks Jungle, that one popped up when I did a search. Do you prefer one location to the other or are they both good?
    Try the one in westboro. They have some great people there. And one of there mechanics rock pink glasses oh and he knows his stuff.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Check out Fritz's Bike Shop in Worcester, recently re-opened under new ownership, he just redid the shop and it looks great. Aaron is an excellent mechanic and all around good dude, you most likely will not be disappointed.

328 West Boylston Street
    508-853-1799

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'll 2nd both Gearworks in Leominster and Landry's in Natick. Both great shops! On a side note, one of the mechanics at Landry's is a former e-thirteen guy by the name of Jonas...