mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Kona MTB Adventure Series in Pittsfield

Is anyone going to this? It's Aug. 26th. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in here about it yet. I'm in RI, and the one in Groton, CT got lots of chatter a month before it happened. (Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make that one.)
    Even though, Pittsfield State Forest is over 3 hours away from me, I think I might go. First, I haven't been MTB'ing in months, and I'm looking for a good organized event to help get me back into it. Second, it's a good excuse for me to take my family camping one last time before school starts back up.

Related question--how are the trails at Pittsfield?

Semi-related question--does anyone know how the camping is at Pittsfield is, specifically around Berry Pond?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have no intention of paying to ride anywhere( $25 for 13mi?? my route there is double that easliy) but did attend a few Pedros festivals years ago to learn PSF. I'm also 3 hrs from PSF and rode there last Sunday and back in May. So, yeah, the riding is great. better than anything in SE Mass or RI. It's not flat and that's why I go there. very challenging. It's usually wet, especially going up backside of Jiminy Peak, and probably will be next weekend.

It's probably worth the trip to learn some of the trails and others will extend the ride,

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    I have no intention of paying to ride anywhere( $25 for 13mi?? my route there is double that easliy)

It's probably worth the trip to learn some of the trails and others will extend the ride,
    The $25 is a figure virtually no one pays. Join NEMBA or extend your membership for another year for $35 and the ride is included, already a current member, the ride is $10.00. Of the 125 folks who attended the MBAS in Wendell last month, I think 3 paid $25.

Pittsfield is certainly worth the drive and the $10 which gets put directly back into the trails...
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone coming up from Boston looking to split the cost of gas?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I will gladly pay the relatively inexpensive, actually downright cheap fee of $10. Hope to make it this year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sorry to raise a thread from the dead, but I was looking to plan some summer weekends near my hometown, and was wondering about the ideal all-day, all-mountain rides in the PSF. If you were to camp out there (or even somewhere else in the Berkshires, like Savoy) for a few days, how would you plan your days for (i) skills building or (ii) ultimate adventure? Thanks!

D
    Ibis Mojo HD 160mm / 650b conversion
    Ibis Tranny 140mm (yup)
    Crosstrac Sonoma

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've stayed a few weekends in the Berkshires and I usually ride places I know so I don't waste any time. I will ride one day at PSF for 3-4 hrs then the next day go to Lenox starting at Kennedy Park then up Yukon Ridge (it's listed on MTBR.that's my picture looking across at Kennedy Park) then over and up to fire tower for another 3-4 hrs. I've ridden around Savoy but didn't really find much but I don't live there either. October Mtn is also good but I like the other places better but I still haven't ridden everything there is at Oct Mt. there's just so much energy and daylight some days! There's riding around Williamstown into NY also. OK. I'd camp at PSF myself. road riding in North Berkshire CO is great. there's also Hawley but I don't know it and the locals, who will deny they discourage outsiders from riding their trails, don't show the trails.

You can't go wrong riding the Berkshires. great times.