PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey

Kids MTB Ride and Weenie Roast!!! -June 20th 3:00-Agawam MA

This is one of the (two) kid rides of the season, not to be miss!

The third "Kids-MTB-Ride" of 2009 will be Saturday (6/20) at 3:00PM. This ride will be followed by a Bonfire, Weenie Roast, and Marshmallows too. Hope everyone can make it!!! Meet at my house.

***Special note: 3:00 is a tough ride-time for kids. Please be sure they are fed well, before the ride. Hungry kids do not have nearly as much fun.

As usual, please respond if you are planning on making it, and bring a post ride snack to share.

**Please be sure to RSVP for this one!** We will need a head-count to plan for the Weenie Roast.

Thanks! Steve

For the NEWBIES: I aim to schedule one ride per month, through October or November. These rides are completely free and for anyone. Feel free to invite others. We usually have kids from 3 to 14ish, but any age is welcome. Some 3 and 4 year olds who can ride two wheels have done amazing! The only requirements are a helmet, a bike, and a guardian. Some older kids can ride unaccompanied, but please pre-arrange with me. Any (two wheeled) bike will do. Training wheels do not go through the woods very well. A couple small guys have ridden on tag-along bikes with parents and it worked out great! Any bike will do...road bikes with skinny tires might be a little tough, but if that is all you have, I am sure you will get-by, or I have something you might be able to borrow. The rides are through Robinson State Park and the trails are very appropriate for kids/beginners. We also have adults join us that are just getting into it, or like to ride with the kids and helpout. We break into two groups, so the pace/riding will be suitable for everyone. Both groups meet/re-group in the woods multiple times during the ride, so everyone stays amazingly motivated. The rides usually last between 1.5 to 2 hours. Please be sure the kids are well fed prior, and that you bring snacks and a drink for on the trail. Last year two of the rides ended with bon-fires. These rides are scheduled later in the day and we have a post-ride weenie and marshmallow roast. They are a blast!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see everyone on Saturday!!! Thanks! Steve
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey
    We have over 50 signed-on already! This one is going to be a blast!!!!

Should definitely set a new attendance record!
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.