Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Just a little riding info and or update.

What's up people?Just wanted to check in and let you know what's going on.I've been back in the saddle alot lately.(not where I should be,but getting better)I just built the sickest Nicolai CC and I just put like over like2 grand into my Alutech,and man is it sweet.(go to Dieselbikes.com look for Crazy Fred's Alutech)Just to let you know Bike Medics is now a Nicolai dealer.Look for both me, Fagone,and Sean G to ripping around on Nicolai CC's and Nicolai FR's.As some of you may know I sold my Turner 6-pack(way to Flexy)and bought a raw Intense 6.6 which was nice but not strong enough for this area,and that the Nicolai was just that crazy nice when I swung my leg over Fagone's.These are just way way stiff frame's and just out of the gate fast.In other words you turn over the cranks and these bikes just get up and go.Nice ride today in Lynn and as always the crew(Sweed brother's Dr.Pete Kubany,SeanG Fagone,Vinny and me)just killing the place.I'll tell ya I've been riding Lynn woods for almost 18 years and have none and riden with these guys most of that time,and I'm just so blown away with how these guys ride(sorry to say at this time,I'm not included in this,for now)but these guys are really just killing this place I mean they are getting up EVERYTHING and the pace is just blistering fast.(all on big bikes) I must say Dr.Pete today rode straight up the rock face (if you were rolling down the triple drops heading towards circle drop and eye drop space monkey,and chicken soup)that big rock face climb to the left of that.He just motered up the middle of that thing like it was nothing(had to see it)Anyway things are good riding is great the bike stable is unreal so the seaon is not a complete loss.Hope to see you's out there and trust me if you looking for a new ride for 07 think Nicolai(pm me or e-mail me for demo rides).Peace CF. FredB@dieselbikes

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    sweet man....do you have some pics of your bike and/or the ride?

i have yet to see a nicolai on the trail but would love to. another bike that would have me stoked is the knolly endorphin but i dont have the coin right now for that either.

cheers

mtbr member

FoShizzle your not a local are you?

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    sweet man....do you have some pics of your bike and/or the ride?

i have yet to see a nicolai on the trail but would love to. another bike that would have me stoked is the knolly endorphin but i dont have the coin right now for that either.

cheers
    Bro,your not from Mass are you?I've seen a guy with the same name on Busted spoke(when I go on there) and when I do its always a big disapointment,buts that's a story for another time.Anyway that's not you to on Busted spoke is it? Also we were just approched by knolly,they are really nice bikes,and they are not cheap either(not Nicolai money but not cheap)I think they are a little heavy but they look good.All though that new Endorphin looks really nice.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Bro,your not from Mass are you?I've seen a guy with the same name on Busted spoke(when I go on there) and when I do its always a big disapointment,buts that's a story for another time.Anyway that's not you to on Busted spoke is it? Also we were just approched by knolly,they are really nice bikes,and they are not cheap either(not Nicolai money but not cheap)I think they are a little heavy but they look good.All though that new Endorphin looks really nice.
    nah..i aint. i would actually like to be but my wife is not wanting to move. i just saw your thread cause i searched by new threads and was HOPING for a picture

yeah, the Knollys look sweet....i think Noel marketed the bikes a bit wrong with the Delerium as an All Mountain bike which is way off.....should have been called the Freeride bike and the Endorphin should be the aggro all mountain/FR bike and with 6" travel would be perfect cause its weight is right at about 8.5 lbs if i remember and the Delerium may be too heavy for some people looking for an all mountain type of bike.

both larry mettler and chad from redbarn picked up a delerium and are stoked on it for sure...buty yeah, it aint light.

if the Endorphin comes out in ab out 6/6.5" travel in a year like i believe it will that will be the sweet bike to tempt me i think....although i have never ridden a Nicolai either
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 11-27-2006 at 06:24 PM.

MTBR member since 1998
    yeah, the Knollys look sweet....i think Noel marketed the bikes a bit wrong with the Delerium as an All Mountain bike which is way off.....should have been called the Freeride bike and the Endorphin should be the aggro all mountain/FR bike and with 6" travel would be perfect cause its weight is right at about 8.5 lbs if i remember and the Delerium for sure is too heavy for most people at about 11 lbs.

if the Endorphin comes out in ab out 6/6.5" travel in a year like i believe it will that will be the sweet bike to tempt me i think....although i have never ridden a Nicolai either
    The Delirium T is on par, weight wise, with the RM Switch, and other bikes of it's travel/purpose. I can't give you exact weights of their frames because they don't list them. The weight is only a penalty if you are looking to build a super light weight long travel bike. Most people will build it as an all mountain/light freeride bike, so it's going to be over 30 lbs. anyway. I guess the weight is a compromise when designing. We decided to include adjustability, durability, our Four by 4 suspension system, an uninterrupted seat tube, and torsional rigidity. That's weight added, but we feel it's a compromise in favour of the rider. As you said, the riders speak highly of it's ride.
    As for the Endorphin, expect delivery in May of a 7 lb., 5.5" all mountain/trial bike. It should be a fun ride.
    Fred, I'm glad you got my email. I'll contact you tomorrow if that's OK.
    Tim...glad he's living in temperate Vancouver. Brrrrrr.

Edit: Removed the Nomad (we are about 1-1.5lb. heavier. Sorry about that.), fixed thumb-typos, and edited for clarity.
    Last edited by rotr no more; 11-28-2006 at 10:23 AM.
    Yes I'm a smooth rider. Bowling ball falling down the stairs smooth.

Quote: Godzilla "...owning a Knolly would be the cycling equivalent of having Nichole Kidman and Angelina Jolie show up together on my doorstep."

www.knollybikes.com

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rotr no more
    The Delirium T is on par, weight wise, wtih the Nomad, RM Switch, and other bikes of it's travel/purpose. I can't give you exact weights of their frames because they don't list them. The weight is only a penalty if you are looking to build a super light weight long travel bike. If you are going to use it for what it's intended, which is as an all mountain/light freeride bike, it's going to be over 30 lbs. anyway. I guess the weight is a compromise when designing. We decided to include adjustability, durability, our Four by 4 suspension system, an uninterrupted seat tube, and torsional rigidity. That's weight added, but we feel it's a compromise in favour of the rider. As you said, the riders speak highly of it's ride.
    As for the Endorphin, expect delivery in May of a 7 lb., 5.5" all mountain/trial bike. It should be a fun ride.
    Fred, I'm glad you got my email. I'll contact you tomorrow if that's OK.
    Tim...glad he's living in temperate Vancouver. Brrrrrr.
    i am too much of a girl for the Delerium but man, the Endorphin is THE bike to beat in my opinion, especially if you can get it up to 6/6.5" travel to eat the RFXs and the like for lunch with such a beast. even at the 5.5 i would dump my RFX for it in a heartbeat if i could afford it.

cheers
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 11-27-2006 at 04:30 PM.

MTBR member since 1998
    i am too much of a girl for the Delerium but man, the Endorphin is THE bike to beat in my opinion, especially if you can get it up to 6/6.5" travel to eat the RFXs and the like for lunch with such a beast. even at the 5.5 i would dump my RFX for it in a heartbeat if i could afford it.

cheers
    Sorry, I don't know the RFX personally, so I can't make a comparison. I do know you can build the Delirium-T up to a respectable mid-30lb. range, and not make component compromises when it comes to strength and durability.
    Tim...too much of a girl for most things he does.
    Yes I'm a smooth rider. Bowling ball falling down the stairs smooth.

Quote: Godzilla "...owning a Knolly would be the cycling equivalent of having Nichole Kidman and Angelina Jolie show up together on my doorstep."

www.knollybikes.com

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rotr no more
    Sorry, I don't know the RFX personally, so I can't make a comparison. I do know you can build the Delirium-T up to a respectable mid-30lb. range, and not make component compromises when it comes to strength and durability.
    Tim...too much of a girl for most things he does.
    the 2 chaps I know with the bike (Larry and Chad) have their weights not far off from mine and they are SWEET builds on their Deleriums. My bike is 36 lbs and theirs about 37 lbs so I made up weight fast from overly heavy component selection.

Most people forget that even if a frame is say 10 lbs, that is less than a third of the total weight for that type of bike so people need to not sweat a single weight measurement for a single part (ie, frame) and open their eyes.

You guys are doing a phenomenal job.....Noel's reputation is amazing so I have no doubt you guys are gonna continue to do amazing things.

Sorry Fred for straying from the Nicolai discussion.

Cheers

I like to ride my bike.
    For all you lazy people...

Very nice CF!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Jan 2004
    nice! so that is Fred's? That does look stiff as a mofo. I am diggin the color too.

Congrats!

mtbr member

You should see my new Nicolai

nice! so that is Fred's? That does look stiff as a mofo. I am diggin the color too.

Congrats!
    Thanks bro,it really is just a stupid sweet ride.Spinergy just sent me out my new wheels for next season,there a 24 spoke enduro wheel(retail 850)1800gr.From what Ive heard they are crazy nice(as is all of there products)Free makes them the best wheels ever. But my 27 pound 5and a half inch Nicolai CC is just a monster.My new Fox 140 Van.will be here on Monday.The CC is soooooooo stiff and soooooooo fast its scary.Reminds me of the old days on the ridged Klein stiff and fast.I do have a Nicolai FR coming in Jan.and as much as the Alutech really is the best bike I've ever owned,the FR is just sick in a differant way.Shorter stays,stiffer,faster,and just more of a snapier bike(if that makes any sense) Also my boy Fagone just got a pair of the new 07 xtr cranks and they are to good to be true.(HUGE MONEY)even at cost they are over 5 beans.Later boys.

Jan 2004
    Thanks bro,it really is just a stupid sweet ride.Spinergy just sent me out my new wheels for next season,there a 24 spoke enduro wheel(retail 850)1800gr.From what Ive heard they are crazy nice(as is all of there products)Free makes them the best wheels ever. But my 27 pound 5and a half inch Nicolai CC is just a monster.My new Fox 140 Van.will be here on Monday.The CC is soooooooo stiff and soooooooo fast its scary.Reminds me of the old days on the ridged Klein stiff and fast.I do have a Nicolai FR coming in Jan.and as much as the Alutech really is the best bike I've ever owned,the FR is just sick in a differant way.Shorter stays,stiffer,faster,and just more of a snapier bike(if that makes any sense) Also my boy Fagone just got a pair of the new 07 xtr cranks and they are to good to be true.(HUGE MONEY)even at cost they are over 5 beans.Later boys.
    good news on the new bike stoke...sounds killer! anybody want a barely used RFX

mtbr member

Selling a RFX?

Didn't you just build that bike?Why are you selling?What are you getting in its place.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Didn't you just build that bike?Why are you selling?What are you getting in its place.
    ummmmm.... Fo's attention span is.... well..... ummmmm..... let's just say Fo appreciates rollin' works or art !!

Yo CF !!! your bike looks like the shizzle !!

I like to ride my bike.
    Wow. I sure am impressed with your skills and your bikes.
    -Good luck with the Fox...but is'nt a quick release a bit...weak for your style of riding?
    Yes, it is a 5.5 incher, but why not a Rockshox Pike or Marzocchi AM through-axle?

Very nice.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Jan 2004
    I'm just joshin....I like the bike and yeah, I did just build it up (only 4 rides so far).

I mean I would trade it for a Ventana Terremoto or an Endorphin in a second but since that will cost me money to do and the RFX is nice, I will keep it. Terremoto was my first choice at the time but the RFX close-out pricing was just too tempting and it let me build up a nice bike for a manageable price so I went for it.

mtbr member

Fox van.140 is a sick fork.

Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    Wow. I sure am impressed with your skills and your bikes.
    -Good luck with the Fox...but is'nt a quick release a bit...weak for your style of riding?
    Yes, it is a 5.5 incher, but why not a Rockshox Pike or Marzocchi AM through-axle?

Very nice.
    My skills, as you have so kindly put it seem to be on the back burner as of lately.But soon to return(hopefully next season,after a lot spinning in the off season)but either way the new 140 from fox is really about the nicest fork I've ridden(the 07 66sl is alot of fork)

I like to ride my bike.
    (hopefully next season,after a lot spinning in the off season)
    Please tell me that spinning part was sarcastic.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member

Spining riding what ever.

[QUOTE=RideFaster]Please tell me that spinning part was sarcastic.[/QUOtr

a tight kick sound
    Fred,
    you have GOT to get us a pic of that CC you are riding!
    I love Nicolai bikes and cannot wait for my ufo st to get here next week.
    i would really like to pair it with a CC some day

Booner

trail fairy
    I like the head badge on the Alutech sweet now if only it was bolted on like the Ventana that would be cool

I rode with 2 Nicolai's in the weekend a TFR gbox and TFR std sweet looking bikes for sure.

In the terrain I think the RFX was all over them uphill we all ran 66 forks but I still think I had a way better time of it uphill and nothing phased me on the downs either.

The Nicolai's sure are sweet looking but I wouldn't trade my RFX, maybe my specc helps I dunno but it shreds for me.

I also like thew Knollyt bikes if I wasn't a Turner Homie these and Transitions would be hig on my list, but my Turners ride so sweet I can't see me changing for a long time plus DT is cool with his boys & girls.

Anyway CF we would like to see piccs of yr CC dude
    Last edited by trailadvent; 12-04-2006 at 12:14 AM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Freddy...when do I get to see the bike!

Missed you the other day up at the trailhead. You riding Sunday morning? I'm thinking of hittin some stuff in Essex. Come check it out. Nice tech sngle trac. Planning on keeping my wheels on the ground. Last time I rode on christmas eve I ended up with 5 ti screws and 2 plates in my ankle. Wife was not happy that christmas....

mtbr member

WoW bro.

Quote Originally Posted by btf95
    Freddy...when do I get to see the bike!

Missed you the other day up at the trailhead. You riding Sunday morning? I'm thinking of hittin some stuff in Essex. Come check it out. Nice tech sngle trac. Planning on keeping my wheels on the ground. Last time I rode on christmas eve I ended up with 5 ti screws and 2 plates in my ankle. Wife was not happy that christmas....
    I was just talking about that yesterday,cause if you remember the day after you got hurt was when you were going to show me those trails down around 128.Remember we took a ride in the truck to show me were to go in? Anyway,when do u get to see what bike?You saw the Aluteck at Franks,The CC I'm waiting for my new 07 xtr cranks(crazy crazy sick cranks)My FR will be in on Jan.8-12. Bro I'm obsessed with the pink trail.Cleaning that was one of the most rewarding things I've done on a bike in a long time.I'm riding Sun.,Sat, and Mon. What ups for you?

I like to ride my bike.
    I hope you don't mind me asking...what do you do for a living...besides jump off anything in sight?

$5000 bike, $6000, $490 for '07 fork, '07 XTR, XO...

Where does it all come from? And, don't forget to ride Lynn before it closes.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member

You forgot something..........

Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    I hope you don't mind me asking...what do you do for a living...besides jump off anything in sight?

$5000 bike, $6000, $490 for '07 fork, '07 XTR, XO...

Where does it all come from? And, don't forget to ride Lynn before it closes.
    Three set's of 900 Spinergy wheels.(oh yea those are free)and everything else I get at cost. (by the way I'll let you in on a little secret,Lynn never closes)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast