mtbr member
    May 2012

June 30-July 3 Working in W.Springfield: Where to stay and ride (and ride to ride)

Hey All,
    I'm working in West Springfield for a week at the end of the month and wanted to find a place to stay where I might be able to ride from the hotel or inn straight to the trails. I'll have a car, but would rather not have to drive besides to work.

I've been up in Holyoke before for a similar week and ridden the forest that is NE of there and it was great, but looking for any and all suggestions for places to stay and for places to ride. XC to dirt jumps and mid-sized hits are all welcome!
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The trails in Robinson State Park will be in your temporary backyard. There is a good bit of riding for a relatively small narrow greenspace. Trails are typically twisty flowly with little climbing or technical sections. Not sure about jumps. Others with more familarity can comment on that.

Good access behind Robinson Park Elementry School.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    not much there in terms of jumps but for a couple of nights of after work exploring should be fine. You will get lost even in this small space!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cool. Thanks for the tips. I'll be done working around 3 each day, so I can get in a few hours of riding most days. Any days or nights people meet up to ride? Any suggestions for places to stay? Drink? Eat?

mtbr member
    I'm from that area. Can't say for certain where the best place to stay is...maybe somewhere off of route 5 would be good. Good access to wherever you want to go.

DEFINITELY go to White Hut. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DO, GO TO WHITE HUT. Burger joint in west springfield. Google it, you can't miss it. I go every time I go home. Get two cheeseburgers with fried onions, mustard and kethcup. (the burgers aren't that big - I've eaten four in one sitting once).

Pizza Shoppe in east longmeadow for good pizza. Red Rose isn't bad either. Iron Chef in longmeadow for really good japanese.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If I were you, I'd go ride the notch in the Holyoke Range (Bachelor Street and Earls Trails). It's a 15-20 minute drive from W. Spfld but totally worth the drive.