mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Jiminy Peak Trails

Just wondering if anyone has ridden up at Jiminy Peak yet this year, and how the trails are if only the grand slam lift is open. I've only skied there a couple of times, but from what I remember it wouldn't seem to be to difficult to ride to the summit from the top of the grand slam lift.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone Been to JP this year?
    How is it?
    How does it compare to Hunter NY or Diablo in NJ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CRDalmata
    Just wondering if anyone has ridden up at Jiminy Peak yet this year, and how the trails are if only the grand slam lift is open. I've only skied there a couple of times, but from what I remember it wouldn't seem to be to difficult to ride to the summit from the top of the grand slam lift.

I rode Jiminy earlier this month. The larger of the two lifts was the only one running. Great selection of trails (running through the forested divided sections that separate the ski runs), in addition to the gravel fire roads.

You'll need a DH / Freeride bike along with full armor and full face helmet to ride there. Be prepared for fast, steep and loose soil. Some trails you'll need to use a lot of rear break and carve your way between trees, roots,etc... this was also the case at Mt. Snow, Attitash and Highland.

From Boston its a long drive (e.g., just over 3 hours one way) -I did that drive back after 5 hours of riding and it was not fun.

I'm looking to hit up Killington and Sunday River next month. That will give me a good perspective on most the lift access places in the area.