Thread: Hyannis Ponds

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Hyannis Ponds

Checking it out tonite w/ another buddy around 630.
    Let me know if your interested. Try to be out before it gets
    too dark but i'm packing my light just in case.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

classic ride......

one of the 1st places that i regularly started riding in the early 90's on the old rockhopper comp. had close to 30 miles of trail at one time if you included everything between camp G, mary D road, and buck island. bushwood is probably one of the longest uninterrupted slices of single track in new england to this day. push it hard on that trail and yer eyeballs will fall out of yer head. great place to TT at yer limit, even where it's flat-ish. the wall trail? relentlessly classic.

in the mid-late nineties cove cycle led a tues night group ride out of sandy pond. def a hammer ride where we'd do 18-20 miles in well under 2 hours. the last 4 miles back to the car was always a big ring free for all followed by a nice dip in the pond.

fond memories fer sure.

gotta get down there for a yarmouth/TOT/otis connecter ride. long day.

enjoy!

rog

!snotrocket!
    agreed the pond loop's are fun especially when you throw greeno in the mix. since we're talking about trail's in that area any one ever ride the stuff off weir rd. and west greatwestern? some of the most fun tight and twisty trails on cape. in my humble opinion.
    coastin' along

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

hellz ya!

Quote Originally Posted by rottendan
    agreed the pond loop's are fun especially when you throw greeno in the mix. since we're talking about trail's in that area any one ever ride the stuff off weir rd. and west greatwestern? some of the most fun tight and twisty trails on cape. in my humble opinion.
    weir road stuff is great and a nice combo with camp g and h ponds, mattecheese and sandy pond. i used to live in marstons mills and worked in dennis where rt 134 and 6a meet. i could ride through trail o tears and connect trails all of the way to the shop i worked at including the yarmouth/weir rd stuff and stuff beyond all of the way to within a half mile to the shop. if i pushed hard i could ride off road from home to shop in 2 hours, work all day, ride and 2 hours back home to the mills, 40+ mile day. used to do it on my trek carbon fuel and my rigid bianchi single speed and with the same effort the difference between the single and geared bike was like 2 or 3 minutes with the win going to the fuel.

one day i rode trails from TOT all of theway to the gaunlet trails in welfleet and limped home tired on the bike trail on my old steel stumpjumper. fun to hit tot, yarmouth, nickerson, eastham back 40, and the gauntlet in one ride. the 40 mile ride home however.......fahk me. mental game fer sure.

no place quite like the cape.

rog

JBH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottendan

Never ridden the ponds. You'll have to show me around sometime.

!snotrocket!
    tot to the gauntlet and back in one day... hell yeah! I thought I was the man for doing otis weir and nickerson in a day but, I drove my truck in between spots. keep it up!
    coastin' along

!snotrocket!
    JBH you know the ponds, you just go in off willow. the sings for the hyannis ponds are off mary dunn rd.
    coastin' along

JBH
    mtbr member
    Oh, o.k. I always refered to those trails as Willow Street.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    looking to go to H ponds tuesday after 6 if anyone is interested.
    It would great to formulate a tuesday night ride w/ locals.

Drew

Black Trek Remedy
    Orange SC Cameleon