Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008

Hunters at Bachelor St.?

I was under the impression that there was no legal hunting in the holyoke range? Am I wrong? Thanks.

js.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yep-there's Hunting (especially as you get closer to the bay rd side) Also, all those trails east of Twister are on Private land and that land owner allows hunting (and biking as it turns out).

There's a very visible tree 'blind' on Raptor just after the T Rex juncture heading towards Jacob's Ladder and yes, I've seen hunters in it.

Be careful!

achiever
    Yeah, be careful and be more careful now that it's shotgun season. I "trust" bowhunters and black powder users more than shotgunners. Definitely wear some blaze orange everyday but Sunday for the rest of the month.

Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008
    Yeah yeah. I completely agree with your hunter groupings. For some reason I was under the impression that Mt. Holyoke Range was a no go for these guys. Hadn't seen anyone hunting there in like 10years. Who would want to hunt there? Just seems dumb.

Ran into a guy who was just a total d--k on wednesday. Nothing like drunk, a-holes toting guns in well traveled areas.

achiever
    A couple of years ago, on the day after Thanksgiving, I was coming down a hill and around a corner (not at b-street) and noticed some movement up in a tree. I looked up and saw a bowhunter in a stand with his bow raised, arrow knocked but he hadn't drawn. I stopped and told him I thought there was a break between bow and shotgun seasons. He was cool. I told him I'd try to flush anything toward him I could. It was about noon, though. Not exactly prime deer movement time...

Last year I ran into a guy during shotgun on the top of Rollercoaster. I, like a fool, wasn't wearing orange knowing full well it was hunting season. He was on the trail and said he heard me coming and thought I might have been a deer. He gave me a bit of a lecture about wearing orange but overall, he was alright, too.