mtbr member

How to get to trails? Help

I moved to Boston a year ago for school, and I'm deciding to get back into mountain biking. I see there are a lot of trails in Eastern Mass, but I live in the city, and don't have a car.

Is there a way to get to any of the trails via Commuter rail, or are there groups that go on weekends etc

Please advise. I've been riding around Boston, and I'm tired of being yelled at by homeless guys and nearly taken out by taxis.

Thanks!

rack admirer

try this thread

http://www.nemba.org/NEMBAforum/inde...;threadid=9830

discussion on the nemba site may help you
    MCM # 57

mtbr member
    thanks. theres a commuter rail on sundays to Lynn. I used google earth to get the most direct path to the trails from the station.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i live in jamaica plain and don't have a car, so i just ride to the trailheads, which does limit where i can go. i don't know where you live in boston but it only takes me 25 minutes on the road to get to the blue hills or 25 min. to get to cutler park in newton which is good if you don't feel like riding any difficult hills, there are some fun trails there you can ride for an hour or so if you do a few loops. i rode to middlesex fells once and the pain of riding through cambridge plus the fact that there were about 10X as many people in the fells than i see in the blue hills, which has more interesting trails, was enough to convince me not to go back there again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i reposted in error- don't know how to delete entire post?
    Last edited by jplain; 07-14-2006 at 01:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    ditto
    Last edited by jplain; 07-14-2006 at 01:24 AM.