mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Holyoke Range this weekend?

On the snow cover maps it looks like very little snow on the Holyoke Range. I know the area received a lot of rain in the recent storm. Any ideas (given the current and upcoming weekend temps) what condition trails on either side of the range will be in by Sunday?
    Thanks for any local info/advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    No snow. Trails are in great shape!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks so much, hope to shoot down for a Sunday ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Great ride. Hero dirt except for a couple of areas with hoar frost, and occasionally a thin top layer that was sheared off in a few bermed corners. Twister all the way back to the lot was a model of late season goodness! Yessir.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Angelo- You up for another ride there this coming weekend? I'm always looking for a group or a few folks to ride here with, I usually end up going alone. I'm still somewhat new to riding B Street/Earls but I have a loop of 25ish miles and about 2500' climbing that is really fun. I tend to average 8-9mph but I can speed up or slow down a bit if the group pace is different.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    gnar602- I'm up for a long loop at B St. I ride there a lot and always looking to mix it up. Some of my buddies might join as well. When were you thinking of going? Craig

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2007 View Post
    gnar602- I'm up for a long loop at B St. I ride there a lot and always looking to mix it up. Some of my buddies might join as well. When were you thinking of going? Craig
    Awesome! I was thinking either Saturday or Sunday morning, either one can work for me. I was hoping to start by 9 and the latest and be done by 1pm or so? But I can be flexible too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Saturday at 9 am works for me. I'll send you a pm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    G-nar,
    I'd love to, but not sure if I can make it down (from Central VT) again this weekend. I'll keep an eye on the thread and chime in if it ends up a being a possibility.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've got 2 hours to ride this Sat. I'll meet you guys at the B-St. lot. angelo - Make the trip! Craig, chance you want to start at Chmura Rd. and loop over to B. St. ? My fickle singlespeed rigid ass is fond of the Earls flow warm up.
    Selma Ti.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    That's the spirit! Angelo, do it!

Not sure how Craig feels, but I don't mind starting elsewhere, do you know the trails well? I've been there about 5-6x so I've got a decent loop that I'm fairly confident I can string together from the B-Street lot, if you know the Earls side better than me then I'm all for seeing what someone else rides there. I just can't promise I can still string together the loop I know from the other lot. But I'm up for trying.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Holyoke Range this weekend?

Craig and I ride those trails a lot- many great loop options. Also a great new trail. We'll start at B.St lot as the rain today and Fri might make Earls soupy.

See you then
    Selma Ti.

mtbr member
    Ahh.. Maybe.. Gnar - I think I rode with you and someone else at Bstreet early this year or last, I forget.. With Chaz...
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ride is off for tomorrow. Instead we are going to make it Saturday December 14 at 9:00 am.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Yes, me and Dan! Been trying to get back out there with you guys for a while but when I lost my phone I lost my numbers. Tomorrow is looking to be a mess with the snow coming in tonight, so right now were moving it to 12/14 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Ahh.. Maybe.. Gnar - I think I rode with you and someone else at Bstreet early this year or last, I forget.. With Chaz...

mtbr member
    Well good, i'm not getting too old and forgetful!

Lets hope next week is better; there are some storms on the horizon though....
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Ride is on this Saturday 12/14

Ride is on this Saturday 12/14 9 am. Park in the Batchelor Street lot. This ride is open to anyone nuts enough to ride for a couple hours in 12-16 degree temps on an inch of snow with maybe a bit of hidden ice. Probably not going to do the original 25 miles as was posted last week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ride is now 8:30am.

mtbr member
    Dress warm - 12 degrees (feels like 2)