mike

Hollywood east Plymouth MA

Here are a couple of short clips from today's ride over at Hollywood east in Plymouth. I apologize for the pausing on the video my CAM battery was dying causing the video to pause making it look like it was done. It starts back be patient; I'm still new at this whole CAM thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lME5YSjVcGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqlazYqbq8U

We ride every weekend and once it warms up we usually do night rides during the week.

Enjoy

Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    where in east plymouth is that.... looks like alot of the single track the mx guys ride which can make for a tough and sometimes not so fun mountain bike ride...

how come you didn't head over to pine hills those trails are pretty sweet.

mike
    we ride Duxbury, pine hills,Otis and Foxboro but these trails are a short bike ride from my front door. Duxbury is my favorite place to ride but due to family obligations it is easier for me to get up and roll first thing in the morning

mike
    the trails are over off of Bourne rd by little sandy pond camp ground.

mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    good to know someone in that area rides those trails. I am closing on a house right off halfway pond road in a few weeks. I been dirtbiking out in myle standish but don't know it well. Night rides are my only time I can ride.

mtbr member
    Dirtbikes in Myles Standish? I guess I will cross that one off my "to do" list.

mike
    hit me up once you get settled in we would be happy to show you around

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    great and will do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This is an old thread but maybe you'll see it. I live over the White Island section of plymouth and am looking for some rides. Hollywood east has recently popped up on my radar and would like to check it out. Guys still hit it? Can you give me any info on its location? Thanks.

mike
    Hey there jmorik,
    Yes I still ride these trails at least twice a week once on the weekend and then a lunch time ride during the week as I work from home. If I'm lucky I get out sat and sun. I usually have a group of 3-6. The more the merrier. There were 3 of us out riding last weekend. With all the snow I figured now would be a good time to send my fork to Push so I sent it off on Monday. You are more than welcome to join us when ever we go. If you want to PM and give me your cell # I usually send the txt out by wed on what time we are riding
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Rode there today, could have used some brush guards and a motor. Are the trails better in the winter? Seamed like dirt bike trails....unless I missed something

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    you were on the right trails. they are ridden by mx bikes pretty often. cool place to ride if you live close. I wouldn't drive down to ride there. if I lived in the ponds or around that area and could ride my bike from my house to the trails I would definitely ride them from time to time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sounds like you guys should be riding fatbikes out there. Makes mx trails and anything sandy or super steep/technical way more fun than a non fat mtb. 29ers are has beens

rog

mike
    Yep we had 4 out there tonight and had a good time. No they re not great but they are convient for me. No one ever said I ride a 29er I'm the type of guy if I'm peddling I'm happy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    nice. lots and lots of terrain down your way. a group of us used to do big rides from serious cycles. 5-6 hours rides that had us all over the pine hills for hill repeats off of the hub on top of the ridge, then all of the fun singletrack on the east side, then we'd branch out on all kinds of crazy trail down to ship pond road and beyond.

wish i had a fatbike then for those rides, sigh......

rog