mtbr member

hmmm decisions decisions

want to go riding today so bad, will probably go either way but how do granby/amherst/belcehrtown trails look?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

This is not 'Nam, this is new england in spring, there are rules.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Still too muddy to ride.

mtbr member
    I went for a huge hike up in Lithia Springs on saturday and it was mad icey in spots but west of the res was nice and dry.
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

mtbr member
    i went to my usual trails. on the back side on the umass apple orchards in belchertown. trails were messy but not as muddy as i thought it would be, it was quiet nice. me and my friend need to go out there and clear out a few trees. but other than that wed love to have some more people come out there and help us build/ride more

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MassRider413
    i went to my usual trails. on the back side on the umass apple orchards in belchertown. trails were messy but not as muddy as i thought it would be, it was quiet nice. me and my friend need to go out there and clear out a few trees. but other than that wed love to have some more people come out there and help us build/ride more
    Let me know the next time you go out. I work in Amherst and I am always looking for new people to ride with. Plus, I don't know those trails and I'm always jonesing to ride new singletrack.

mtbr member
    is there any where ridable tomorrow around spfld, northampton, amherst, etc for

tomorrow (fri. 12th). Would be nice to get some riding in before the 3 days of rain?

Would be cool to go some place new. I rode up behind the ashley res. today for an

hour but didnt get into the backside/ bearhole (lower yeti) area. Im thinking it is mad

wet and the atv's and moto's all ready ripped the crap outta what lil i did ride today.

Anyone got the day free to go look at some areas and maybe see if we can get

some riding in?
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeharder36
    Let me know the next time you go out. I work in Amherst and I am always looking for new people to ride with. Plus, I don't know those trails and I'm always jonesing to ride new singletrack.
    ill probably be going back there next week, after this rain goes away a little..... but yea ill deffinetely be on here every day. ill post a thread

mtbr member
    i did go up to Batchelor yesterday and stayed up towards the left of the pond off the dbl track leading in. All was dry and I avoided the soft spots. I had only an hour to ride up there cause I ended up starting and doing a 3 hour ride up behind Mclean reservoir. I knew I shoulda went straight to Batchelor. After that ride I dont think I'll ever go up above Mclean or ashley again although there is one fun lil loop but it is like 2 miles or so in after a long ass climb
    Last edited by Mosha; 03-13-2010 at 01:35 PM.

achiever
    I hope you got up on the mountain looking over Westfield. I've been riding up there all winter as well as down in Bear Hole to say in shape. Couple of hike a bikes but the climbs aren't bad.

You have to ride the ridge above Mclean more or less out to RT202 then cross to the other side, follow "White Lightening" until you cross another road, keep following it up some more climbs and you end up on a ridge with a fantastic view out to S.hamp. Then you drop down to a trail juncture with the "Hell Gate" sign... Most of the M&M is singletrack, especially north of RT202

There is only one singletrack trail left "down below" out toward the Bear Hole res. in W. Springfield. The quads have destroyed the rest. I have some ideas, though...

Did you notice any green & white trail signs?

mtbr member
    I do know of a lil track someone was working on with a double and a pump

track feel to a cpl sections of it. I will definitely go back there. Id be willing to wrench

on it as I dont think the person that has done the work to it thus far would mind. If

ya wanna go riding sometime maybe we could show each other a cpl new things in

there. I have done alot of riding over behind HCC to, never crossed rock valley to

the over look in S.Hampton yer speaking of. But have come out on rock valley rd

mtbr member
    wow it didnt post half my post

I have been riding in Bearhole and Ashley since the 80's on my Schwinn Scrambler lol. I know

of some really fun stuff over where Sawmill rd becomes dirt at the gate Some really fun single

track rollercoaster sorta stuff. Im gonna check that out this week I think . I havent been over

there since Nov last year. I bet if we gotta a couple people interested we could work on some

trails in there. I do know the guy that runs the preservation historical society for bearhole, He would be a great advocate for us to get some permissions