Thread: Help me out

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Help me out

I'm going to Gloucester for a cod fishing trip, but I'd love to do some riding aroud the area can anbody point me in the right direction. Thnaks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Lots of options in Gloucester, but the stock answer is http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...Gloucester,+MA

You can park at the end here and explore. Hard to find a good map and there's a likelihood of disorientation, so try to keep your sense of direction. Main run is straight on until there is a hard right at Dogtown Sq., bear left at that point and follow to fire road, go right and ride a good ways, take next left over a stream to Whales Jaw (big split boulder on left). You are then half way to Rockport and there are many ways to go. I'd pick one and then leave enough time to work your way back.

D

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by sulcate
    I'm going to Gloucester for a cod fishing trip, but I'd love to do some riding aroud the area can anbody point me in the right direction. Thnaks
    Fishing is cruel. How'd you like it if someone put a sward through your head then threw you under water till you died. I've been 100% vegie for 9 years. No turkey-chicken-fish-clams-eggs-et.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Who are the brain police?
    Yeah but you probably have leather shoes or leather something... massive suffering due to leather.

No eggs? Do you exclude all diary? Massive suffering due to the dairy industry.

Do you go out to eat? Are they exlusively vegan restaurants? You only contribute to massive suffering if you patronize non-vegan restaurants no matter what you order from the menu.

Do you know anything about the companies whose products you purchase? Do you know about the activities associated with them?

Do you own anything made with plastic or have a vehicle with a combustion engine?....

Anywho. Who cares what you eat or how you feel about fishing. If you'd like to be taunted further post your opinions in the Political-Socio-Economic-Religion forum.
    On Topic.
    Dogtown is pretty cool. I haven't been there in almost 2 years, but it was fun...
    Named after the dogs that lived there when the place was a tent-town way back. After the people moved on, the dogs stayed...

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4554crx.aspx
    http://www.ragemtb.com/maps/dogtown/
    http://nemba.org/ridingzone/dogtown.html
    Last edited by Locoman; 10-21-2005 at 06:27 AM.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Great Time for Stripers

While you are there you may as well try for some Stripers. This is the perfect time of the year for the really big fish.

As far as riding goes, if not DogTown, West Gloucester amd the surrounding areas also have some amazing riding. You may want to call SeaSide Cycles in Manchester for some good info. They may even be having some sort of informal ride going on.

Have fun and I hope you slay em.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

... and if we just ... Surf and Turf (minimal bike content)

I forgot to mention: I ate a 2.79 pound Porterhouse steak last night. Rare, topped off with butter. Ah, the suffering. I was thinking about burning off the delicious grilled carcass with a nice bike ride but, since we are in a huge Nor Easter, I am going to stuff my tummy with some Nicks Roast Beef. Later tonight I may go down to one of the local sushi joints to see if they have any fish that is still flapping. I love the taste of sushi cut straight from a fish still on the hook.

From looking at the vegan posts, I notice that eating dead (or almost dead) things must improve spelling and vocabulary. I enjoyed a fresh green salad on Sunday and then began starting every fragmented sentence with "dude". I then realized I was doing it which made me really paranoid so I locked myself in a closet and wrapped myself up in a fur coat. I woke up a few hours later drooling and feeling a bit toasted. I think I am going to take it easy on salad from now on.

mtbr member
    Nice Sloth, couldn't have said it better myself. Make mine a Sup-a with extra sauce. Oh yea, there's tons of good riding on the North Shore. Dogtown might be a best bet after the monsoon since it drains fast. There's plenty of reviews of Dogtown in the trail review section...