Black Lion

Harold Parker (video)

Volume 8 from Yo Greg on Vimeo.

Thank you for looking.
    Greg
    Voltron

Nostralpicas
    yo make it look so easy,nice video,I've been there once for a wicked ride of the east and would love to go back,but its three hours away.what part of the park is that ?
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by tic tac
    yo make it look so easy,nice video,I've been there once for a wicked ride of the east and would love to go back,but its three hours away.what part of the park is that ?

thanks.
    Most of the clips are from the Jenkins Rd. side of the park.
    Voltron

the test dummy
    sick video looks like a fun trail i got to hit there this summer......
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg

Volume 8 from Yo Greg on Vimeo.

Thank you for looking.
    Greg
    Nice video Greg! I didn't recognize some of those sections, so I went to HP for a ride yesterday, and I discovered that they are on a new trail! If you're heading southeast from Jenkins lot, you take the usual first right on singletrack but before you meet back up with fire road, take another right. When it dumps you out on fire road again, take a left, then a quick right, and you'll end up right at the beginning of the loop around Salem Pond. Really fun trail to get to the loop, much more so than the old way! Thanks for posting the video!

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by phipsi102
    Nice video Greg! I didn't recognize some of those sections, so I went to HP for a ride yesterday, and I discovered that they are on a new trail! If you're heading southeast from Jenkins lot, you take the usual first right on singletrack but before you meet back up with fire road, take another right. When it dumps you out on fire road again, take a left, then a quick right, and you'll end up right at the beginning of the loop around Salem Pond. Really fun trail to get to the loop, much more so than the old way! Thanks for posting the video!
    Great discovery. The Trail is called "Rubber Duck Trail"
    Voltron

crash test dummy
    Aug 2004
    Great discovery. The Trail is called "Rubber Duck Trail"
    That trail can be really f'd up to ride in the fall. Unexpectedly bony and slick in parts, which when covered by leaves can be...interesting to navigate. You do make it look easy, riding Rubber Duck that is. I prefer it in the other direction though, seems to flow a little better. Do you know who gets credit for making that trail?

Wish I had stayed in Boston long enough to explore all of the gun club stuff. Your vids make me want to go back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by simian23
    That trail can be really f'd up to ride in the fall. Unexpectedly bony and slick in parts, which when covered by leaves can be...interesting to navigate. You do make it look easy, riding Rubber Duck that is. I prefer it in the other direction though, seems to flow a little better. Do you know who gets credit for making that trail?

Wish I had stayed in Boston long enough to explore all of the gun club stuff. Your vids make me want to go back.
    I used Rubber Duck to get to the loop, did the loop clockwise (much more fun than counter-clockwise IMHO), then Rubber Duck back. It's totally fun and rideable both ways. I find the whole section south east of the Jenkins Lot to be much more rocky, technical and therefore interesting, challenging, and fun, than the northeast (gun club) section.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by phipsi102
    I used Rubber Duck to get to the loop, did the loop clockwise (much more fun than counter-clockwise IMHO), then Rubber Duck back. It's totally fun and rideable both ways. I find the whole section south east of the Jenkins Lot to be much more rocky, technical and therefore interesting, challenging, and fun, than the northeast (gun club) section.

Most of the trails run great in either direction. I often mix it up to keep things fresh.
    The Gunclub loops are my favorite stuff out there. I do a long route that enters the GC from the back side that is ruler. The good thing about HP is the varied terrain.
    Voltron

MC MasterShake
    Most of the trails run great in either direction. I often mix it up to keep things fresh.
    The Gunclub loops are my favorite stuff out there. I do a long route that enters the GC from the back side that is ruler. The good thing about HP is the varied terrain.
    The back, eh? From the Bay Circuit Trail? I'm always looking for ways to loop this place. I'm not an out and back kind of guy.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    The back, eh? From the Bay Circuit Trail? I'm always looking for ways to loop this place. I'm not an out and back kind of guy.

100 percent. Out and backs are for punks
    Voltron

MBN
    mtbr member
    Yogreg,

Nice job on the stair climb. The video does not do it justice. That is a tuff little climb.

M.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by MBN
    Yogreg,

Nice job on the stair climb. The video does not do it justice. That is a tuff little climb.

M.

Thanks
    That climb is pretty bombed up right now.

Greg
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

No kidding

Every time I approach that climb, I say HAH yeah right! and walk up. Too tough for me . . .

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Yeah that climb is biocth. Made 3/4 of the way once..........once HP is IMO some of the best riding around.

mtbr member
    Awesome.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Awesome.

Greg,
    have fun out there Sunday.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    is that place a state park with the nice maps they make or something else... looks really fun probably take a ride up there next weekend. been trying to hit a new place every other weekend this summer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Never seen anyone make it up the staircase, closest I've come is about 3/4 of the way up. Nicely done.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by polandspring88
    Never seen anyone make it up the staircase, closest I've come is about 3/4 of the way up. Nicely done.
    Thanks
    Tons of speed is your best friend for that section.

Greg
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Sweet vid. Haven't made it up that staircase yet. Awesome place to ride. You might see me riding there on a Cannondale Rush with my friend Bob who has a sweet Ellsworth Joker. Sometimes Dave on a insanely light Giant Warp comes along too.