mtbr member
    May 2004

Harold Parker Trail Work 4/10 and 4/11

"Lock and Load" is the unofficial name for the latest NSNEMBA addition to the trail system at Harold Parker State Forest. Picture winding your way though some of the most challenging HP trail features yet with the sound of gunfire from the nearby firing range to keep you moving.

It's a pretty ambitious effort, so we have 2 days back to back April 10 and 11, with a good possibility of a 3rd on April 24. 2000' of rocky sidehill to traverse with new singletrack (lots of benching and rock work), several boardwalks to haul in and construct, rehab an old woods road. With plenty to do, we are hoping for a lot of help.

Joe and some slackers have been out getting it all ready.
    Name:  bigrock1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  108.5 KB
    roll or huck?

When: Saturday 4/10 and Sunday 4/11, 8:30 AM start to about noon - 1PM.
    Where: Meet/park at the DCR Picnic Pavilion, Middleton St., North Andover MA Map
    Bring: Sturdy footwear, work gloves, your own digging tools, bug spray, water bottle
    Lunch will be provided and a ride will follow, weather permitting.
    Only heavy rain will cancel. Cancellations/updates will be posted to mtb-northshore yahoogroups listserve and the NEMBA forums. Call if lost or you have questions.

Part of the Trek Bicycles/NEMBA Trail Care Series - make a trail, maybe win a bike!

Hope to see you there.

Awww CRAP!
    Mar 2010
    I haven't even had a chance to get out and do any riding yet, next weekend looks like it will be my first opportunity to try my luck at riding on something other than asphalt, and if I can help out and meet some people too, that would be great. i'll try to be there for sure.
    2010 Stumpjumper FSR Expert

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FacePlantinNewB
    I haven't even had a chance to get out and do any riding yet, next weekend looks like it will be my first opportunity to try my luck at riding on something other than asphalt, and if I can help out and meet some people too, that would be great. i'll try to be there for sure.
    I'll be there Saturday, if you want I'll show you a quick and fun loop at HP. I'll be on a bright green rigid Niner singlespeed.