mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Good job! Harold Parker is sweet!

Hi there,

Newbie here- anyway, thanks to recommendations from this forum and maps from here and elsewhere, I went to bike Harold Parker today. I used the "Wicked Ride of The East" map, started at the Jenkins Lot, headed out on singletrack towards Salem Pond, and did the long loop around Salem Pond, before heading back. For me, it was a really fun trail, with some mildly technical stuff, and enough distance and difficulty to be a great workout for a relative newbie. btw I was riding my '06 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. Anyway, for anyone looking for a great almost exclusively singletrack workout with some flowy stuff built in- this is the one! I've been biking Cutler for a few weeks (south on the west side of I-95 and back up the east side), and I like it, but it lacks the technical rocky stuff HP has. Enjoy!

crash test dummy
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by phipsi102
    Hi there,

Newbie here- anyway, thanks to recommendations from this forum and maps from here and elsewhere, I went to bike Harold Parker today. I used the "Wicked Ride of The East" map, started at the Jenkins Lot, headed out on singletrack towards Salem Pond, and did the long loop around Salem Pond, before heading back. For me, it was a really fun trail, with some mildly technical stuff, and enough distance and difficulty to be a great workout for a relative newbie. btw I was riding my '06 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. Anyway, for anyone looking for a great almost exclusively singletrack workout with some flowy stuff built in- this is the one! I've been biking Cutler for a few weeks (south on the west side of I-95 and back up the east side), and I like it, but it lacks the technical rocky stuff HP has. Enjoy!
    If you want another mildly technical ride, you can loop Fields Pond (big pond south of HP road, west of Jenkins). At a moderate clip, it takes about 20 - 30 minutes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by simian23
    If you want another mildly technical ride, you can loop Fields Pond (big pond south of HP road, west of Jenkins). At a moderate clip, it takes about 20 - 30 minutes.
    Awesome, I may hit that today! Thanks simian!