mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Harold Parker heads-up

Last night we got ticketed (by DCR) for after-hours parking in the Jenkins lot. We were also informed that we could have been fined for using the park after-hours. Ticket was $25.

Damn....

EvilRider
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the FYI !!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    All state Parks are closed after sunset, try parking in one of the neighborhoods near the trails.

mtbr member
    There is a thread in the NEMBA forums about guys getting warnings at Foxboro. Pretty much the same thing, ranger said the parks are closed at sunset. I wonder if this is a statewide crackdown or what? The guys from Foxboro have been night riding for 15 years or so with no issues until now.

From what I understand, some parks are cool with it (Wompy), others not so.
    NEMBA Freetown VP

Team
    Wow that's crazy. I knew a bunch of guys that used to do weekly Wompatuck State Park rides at night... when you don't get out of work until after dark how are you supposed to ride?
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    This is a travesty, it's nonsensical, we pay tons of money to keep and maintain the parks then volunteer to build the trails and fix them after the big wind storms hit! How can you say they're closed for the only non working hours most of us have from roughly October to March? I believe the public is better off just letting us ride, I know a few of us will go completely senile being off our bikes that long!

Black Lion
    For years the Rangers at HP were willing to turn a blind eye to night riding inside the park as long as groups were small, quiet, and respectful.

Unfortunately that has changed with large groups riding at night, parking multiple cars in the main lots, then doing the hangout beer finish. Now the Rangers are cracking down.

This is not my opinion or words but the opinions of the Rangers.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg View Post
    For years the Rangers at HP were willing to turn a blind eye to night riding inside the park as long as groups were small, quiet, and respectful.

Unfortunately that has changed with large groups riding at night, parking multiple cars in the main lots, then doing the hangout beer finish. Now the Rangers are cracking down.

This is not my opinion or words but the opinions of the Rangers.
    Ahh - got it!

Too bad as HP was a great night riding venue (for me anyway)...

Anyone know what the penalty of not paying a DCR ticket is?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg View Post
    Not for nothing, but I've heard this one, as well, from some Needham cops. Being able to go after-hours or in the dark is a bit of a gift -- some bikers see it as "no one's here - let's party ride!" and others get that we're being given a gift.

If you ride at night, don't park in the main lots, be quiet and respectful, travel in small groups, and save the beer for when you get home.