Thread: Group Ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Group Ride

Hey all you boston riders. I am trying to get a group ride started out of our shop (Cambridge Bicycle). I am thinking about starting it off easy with a once weekly ride at the fells. I want to test out the waters to see how many people would be interested and how many people have cars and would be interested in Car Pooling. If it goes well and we get a good number of people involved I would like to start riding in other locations like Lynn, Cutler, Wompatuck, etc. So right now I would love any comments from people who would be interested and when would be the best time for the ride. I am thinking right now that meeting at the shop @ 6pm on Sunday and getting to the fells by 6:45 would give us close to 2 hours of light and not interfere with shop hours, which is my only commitment. I may be able to do it earlier if that doesn't turn out to be enough riding time before dark. I talk to a lot of people coming through the shop that have no idea where to ride and have no way to get anywhere out of the city. So I am hoping this will get those MTB enthusiasts off the city streets and onto some fun trails. Thanks in advance for your input!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    go over to ragemtb.com you'll get a better response
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the tip, I guess I thought there were more boston riders on this board than there really are.