mtbr member

Groton Trails - Friday am

Planning to head to Groton Friday am. Never been up there and after a few quick google searches it looks like there tons of different areas to check out. Can anyone point me to an area to start at where I can get in some good mileage, hit some fun, flowy singletrack? Riding a hard tail so good rocky singletrack is fine but not necessarily looking for big drops. I'm not concerned about getting lost, but want to at least have a shot at riding some of the best stuff in that area. Thanks.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    If you can shift it to Sunday morning I could give you a tour. Groton consists of 6-10 mile clusters of trails that can be connected via mostly single track,some cart roads and such.
    If you start from the end of Cow Pond Brook rd you can hit MIT. Rocky with some punchy hills,and it's mostly all leaf blown. Colored dots on the trees help to navigate. From the dirt parking go about 100 yards take a left,next intersection bear left,go 1/4 mile or so and look for the blue dot trail on right.
    Groton town forrest has a Groton Trails Network arrowed loop about 6-8 miles worth of smooth single track.
    I have gps tracks on mmr under David J and garmin connect under D.J.Burnham,if that helps.

mtbr member
    David J - I'm freed up Sunday. How much time would you have to get out there? Let me know what works for you, thanks.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    I usually try to start around 8-8:30 and go for 3-4 hours worth of ride time. I'm flexible.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    Shooting for a 8:30 roll out from cow pond brook rd. The parking is at the very end of the road. My cell # is 978-852-4962.

mtbr member
    Sounds good, I'm in. Will pm my contact info.

mtbr member
    Can we make this a party? Dave would you mind if a friend and myself tagged along? We are competent riders and have been meaning to explore this area all year.
    -Joe

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    Fine by me. GPS cow pond brook rd we'll be parked at the very end.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoe76 View Post
    Can we make this a party? Dave would you mind if a friend and myself tagged along? We are competent riders and have been meaning to explore this area all year.
    -Joe
    Thanks for the tour Dave! Amazing trails, hats off to the builders and maintainers.
    -Joe

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    My pleasure,Joe. Plenty more trails there to show you

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Dave thanks for the tour today. great trails and would love to ride them again when my body and bike are cooperating....
    Matt

mtbr member
    Ditto what Lil Joe and his competent friend said. Great to get a tour from one of the builders/stewards of some great trails - thank you, Dave. Hopefully we'll get a chance to get out there again before its all covered in snow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    Ditto what Lil Joe and his competent friend said. Great to get a tour from one of the builders/stewards of some great trails - thank you, Dave. Hopefully we'll get a chance to get out there again before its all covered in snow.
    Hahahaha. A poor choice of words in retrospect, I would like to strike the word competent from the record. That was my worst ride of the year, the trails and company were awesome, I just couldn't breath or feel my feets.
    Looking into Mavic Drifts or Shimano mw81's to help the frozen toes.