Thread: Gloucester area

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Gloucester area

Anyone around Gloucester/Ipswich/etc area looking for someone to ride with. I have had my bike for about three years, but I am really a rookie. Looking to get in shape while having fun. Thx, Dan

mtbr member

I live in Gloucester

and ride with 6-7 people locally at Dogtown, Ravenswood, and a few other places. We rarely all get out at the same time, so the # of riders vary, and mostly we're just out to have some fun. Its a mixed bunch as far as ability goes, so if you'd like to come along give a shout here.
    Wrecker of fine things

MC MasterShake
    I live in Rockport and ride with a bunch of riders. We tend to focus on the more technical/all mountain type stuff but we've been known to do some more spinning type of riding in Dogtown and other local areas. Let me know if you want to join us.

mtbr member

Woodyak

We should hook up for a ride sometime. I'm always trying to learn new trails in the North Shore area. Drop me a line. I also ride Lynn Woods quite a bit, so I'm into the techy, rocky stuff wherever I can find it.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks buds. I will do that. I need to drop some blubber. Dan

mtbr member

Dan, ckeck your email

I shot a note to you about today, tomorrow, and other stuff.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I didnt get the email. justsmileatthem@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys, If either of you are ripping this weekend, drop me a line if you dont mind. I will try and hook up. If the wife lets me of course. Ha, Ha

Dan Murdock

mtbr member

Not sure what happened to the email

I just hit reply and sent off a quick email. Oh well. I'm heading out to San Diego and then Anaheim right now for a long weekend visiting my Bro his wife and my infant nephew, then off to a conference for the rest of the week. I'll be back on the 9th, so after that we should go for a ride or two. Enjoy the sweet weather and have fun this week.
    Erik
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by justsmileatthem
    Hi guys, If either of you are ripping this weekend, drop me a line if you dont mind. I will try and hook up. If the wife lets me of course. Ha, Ha

Dan Murdock
    Hey Dan,

I was born and raised and still live on the North Shore (Beverly right now). If you're interested in riding in Beverly some time, drop me a PM. There's some decent trails up in Greenwood in Beverly Farms that are a short ride from my house. I also lived in Gloucester for a while and would be psyched to ride up in Dogtown again! I haven't been there in a long time! I also ride in Lynn Woods. We mostly ride cross country - not too much in the free-ride department. Trust me when I say that we are NOT pros! We've all been riding for a long time but have careers and families and don't get out as much as we would like.

Chris

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sounds good. Thanks for the offer! Dan

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Me and at least one other guy will be riding either in Beverly or Lynn this Saturday. I'm leaning toward Lynn because I'd like to check out the new trail that they cut up there last weekend. PM if you're interested. We usually meet at Naked Fish on Rt. 1.

mtbr member

Hey oddestfellow

Are you around on Friday? I'm "working from home" tomorrow (Gloucester) and really have been wanting to get out into the Greenwood area for a while. If you are around post here or pm me to go for a ride.
    Erik
    Wrecker of fine things

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    If you go to Greenwoods bring the bug spray or don't stop pedaling. The black flys were out there already yesterday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Slayer
    Are you around on Friday? I'm "working from home" tomorrow (Gloucester) and really have been wanting to get out into the Greenwood area for a while. If you are around post here or pm me to go for a ride.
    Erik
    Hey,

Funny you should mention "working from home", I "work from the Beverly office" every other Friday. Unfortunately, it's not this Friday. I might be riding Lynn tomorrow. Depends on how my back feels. I tweaked it yesterday. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I was out in Marlboro riding yesterday (thursday) and the black flys were getting bad there too.

-Chris

mtbr member

Saturday

What time are you riding tomorrow? Any chance you'd ride Greenwood instead?
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    As much as I hate typing this, I'm probably gonna be off my bike for at least a week trying to rehab my back. I went to physical therapy yesterday and the therapist told me to take a short break from the bike and just concentrate on strengthening my lower back. It just SUCKS because it's PERFECT riding weather out there.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the bike sooner than later. When I do, we'll totally hit Greenwood!

Happy riding!

mtbr member

Sorry to hear that

A week is a pain in the a$$ but it could be worse. Rest it and get better. This is definitely not the time to strain it more, then you'd be out for a month, and that would really suck. Good luck.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey all.

I just joined this forum today so I'm looking forward to meeting/riding with some of you soon. I moved to Beverly (Bev Cove, specifically) in September of last year. I rode a bit of Greenwood last week for the first time with a neighbor but I'd really like to get to know it better. It was great - got me really pumped that such fun riding is so close to home. Anybody planning to ride there any nights after work next week? Looks like rain for tonight and tomorrow and then I'm out of pocket until Monday. Let me know if anybody's interested.

K