mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Getting to Know the Scene

Hey all...

Where is the best place to connect with riders in the Boston area? Any good local forums or maillists? New to the area and trying to hook up after work and on the weekends.

Help a guy out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I just moved to Boston and am in the same boat. check out bustedspoke.com and it doesnt hurt to poke your head and make some freinds at a neighborhood bike shop. some shops to rides weekly

MC MasterShake
    Check out http://www.dieselbikes.com. They do weekly group rides and trail days. No better way to get into the scene than group rides and helping out on trail days.

mtbr member
    Come on over and check out www.ragemtb.com
    Fun, social group, we ride at a lot of different places in the area and do weekend trips, etc.
    We have an Otis trip coming up the weekend of 9/22

Happy Trailz!
    ~Frank

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragerider
    Come on over and check out www.ragemtb.com
    Fun, social group, we ride at a lot of different places in the area and do weekend trips, etc.
    We have an Otis trip coming up the weekend of 9/22

Happy Trailz!
    ~Frank
    I would first ask what kind of riding are you looking to do and that will help with making your decision on where you go"IE"XC boys need not apply to the big boy side of Lynn Woods,and those looking for that Lynn Woods/B&T's ride need not consider Dog town,left side of Lynn Woods and of course the Fells(easy guys truth hurts).Of course I'm going to tell you that the real deal big boy rides are Sunday 9:am with my crew(Lynn Woods/B&T's) and or Tues.night LW ride(now with lights)Dieselbike group rides are always fun and full of film,photo's and many opps.to step up your skills.But keep in mind in order to do that the pace is going to be just so to allow for all of those good things.Ragemtb?? don't know(but I did noticed there photo's link has not been updated since 2003 )Dieselbikes is in the woods fliming and taking photo's right now as we speak(no matter when you read this.)I wouldn't disc on Ragemtb because I see my boy Brian is involved with them so that's that.I'm up for a PM to get something going at anytime.Good luck peace.CF..

mtbr member
    I would stick with here, NEMBA, Rage (although they seem to by dying), and Ridemonkey. Busted Spoke is mostly 10-15 year old dirt jumpers.

mtbr member
    There are still many active riders with Rage, just not a lot of web page activity.
    Not necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't say it is dying, just changing wit the times.
    I would say ride with all of the clubs/groups/whatever then you'll get to check out all of the scenes and find the people you like to ride with and places you like to ride.
    It's all good!!