Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foxboro Map

mtbr member

Foxboro Map

I rode Foxboro for about 3 hours yesterday for the first time while my kid had hockey tryouts.

Does anyone have a link to a better trail map or even a personal map they can share? The state map doesn't have most of the trails I rode on.

I certainly bettered my rock riding skills to the displeasure of my private parts, tho.

mtbr member

There are a lot of trails in Foxboro, I don't know if they are all going to be on any map. It can be confusing there but it is a great place to ride.

mtbr member
    If you have a gps go to Garmin Connect and browse the gps tracks and upload them to your gps.

Giggitty giggitty!!
    I work in Foxboro but am not familiar with the trails. If anyone is up for a weeknight or weekend ride I'm generally free (unless traveling!)

mtbr member
    99% of the trails.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Foxboro Map-foxy-map.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    What are the black diamond trails like? Anyone know these trails well?
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Anybody interested in showing someone around this Saturday morning (4/21)? I have buddy coming down from VT and it's been years since I've ridden those trails. He could probably give you a tour of Kingdom if you're ever up there. I'd also be willing to show you around Belmont/Western Greenway and Burlington Landlocked Forest.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    In Foxborough (Foxboro) for a conference 5/15-5/16 . Any locals able to show me around 5/15 around 5:30 ? (I'll return the favor in Western MA- Bachelor Street and Earle's...as painful as you want.

Also, what SS gearing are people riding out there?

StartBiking!
    Jun 2006
    Here is a ride map [with downloadable KML file] that we did on 4-21-2012. It covers a ton of ground all over the park. The Sunset Lake side is definitely the less technical side. Loop C (marked on our map) can be rugged, but fun as hell. PM me if you want any specifics. Map and trail / parking description: Startbiking : F. Gilbert Hills
    -jk
    startbiking - get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I live in Wrentham and know Foxboro pretty well. Try to ride there a couple times a week, if anyone wants to try to meet up for a ride, feel free to PM me.

mtbr member
    Wow, this place has changed significantly. I used to ride here in High School (15 years ago) and I thought I new all the trails. There's got to be twice as many now.

mtbr member
    Thanks to the two local guys and the two local hikers that helped me find my out on Sunday. Even with a map, I got myself totally f*cked up and lost around the Megley Fire Road area. At least I could hear the trafffic on Route 1, so at worst I was willing to hike-a-bike back to the road.

Normally getting lost is part of the experience, but I had to get my kid after a hockey game, so that wasn't too fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    This is awesome! Thanks for Shareing. I live in Milford and would be very likely to go to Foxboro to ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Any locals able to show a Northamptonite around Foxboro or Borderlands for a night ride Nov 1 or Nov 5th ?

I'm in a technical training all week in Mansfield and would love to get out for a ride or two.
    Selma Ti.

CP
    Quote Originally Posted by adinpapa View Post
    Any locals able to show a Northamptonite around Foxboro or Borderlands for a night ride Nov 1 or Nov 5th ?

I'm in a technical training all week in Mansfield and would love to get out for a ride or two.
    Check out the NEMBA weekly ride in Foxboro, it start at 6Pm from the "Foxboro Conservation Land" parking lot, that is located across the street from Snow's Supply off of Rte 140/Main Street, approximately 106 Main street if you're using GPS.
    The ride starts at 6PM, usually 2 hours, the group is strong intermediate. Get there a little early, ask around and the group will point you in the right direction...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    Check out the NEMBA weekly ride in Foxboro, it start at 6Pm from the "Foxboro Conservation Land" parking lot, that is located across the street from Snow's Supply off of Rte 140/Main Street, approximately 106 Main street if you're using GPS.
    The ride starts at 6PM, usually 2 hours, the group is strong intermediate. Get there a little early, ask around and the group will point you in the right direction...
    Thanks. What day of the week is the weekly ride?
    Selma Ti.

CP
    oops, sorry about that, They ride Tuesdays and Thursdays, same start location listed above. There's a group that goes off Mondays also, but they start at 5:30 usually...

mtbr member
    Are there still alot of dirtbikes there on the weekend? I know its always a battle for those guys to keep their riding privelages. Can they still use most trails there?
    Audi & VW Service
    http://fourwardmotors.com/

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I rode Foxboro last Saturday, we didn't run into any dirt bikes, but also didn't find much singletrack either. After spending 3 hours looking near the cell tower and talking to a few locals we met riding it sounds like we were in the areas that they all knew, but based on pictures I've seen I expected to find a lot more bike oriented trails. Most of what we were on was old dirt bike trails that were blown out and not much fun anymore. My guess is there probably is still a lot of dirt bike use in this park, but we didn't see any this day. If there's a group ride happening I'd like to get a tour from someone who knows the place well, I mainly ride north shore but recently moved to Waltham so south shore/metro west stuff is now open to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I live about 25 minutes from Foxborough and have never made it there to ride. Terrible. I usually end up at Vietnam or go up to Great Brook, Russel Mill.

I'd like to get down to Foxborough and check it out, but I've heard it's been pretty beat on thru the years by motorcycles.

Are there certain loops you guys can recommend or just a few trails that are particularly fun? I don't like driving for a ride and then end up getting stuck riding a bunch of beat up trails that aren't all that fun on a mountain bike. Thanks for any tips and thanks for those maps posted above.

mtbr member
    While I'm certainly no Foxboro expert, the 4 times I've been I've had plenty of single track. I park in the small lot off Thurston Road and go up Megley - both left and right are single tracks that lead into others. The only 'wide' trails I've seen are the fire roads Megley, High Rock and Messenger - all the others are single and double. If you park in the lot near the tower, go down High Rock for about 100' and take a right - all the trails in that section are single or double.

If you look at the green map above, the entire section between Megley and High is the area I'm referring to.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There is some great riding to be had in Foxboro. You can ride numerous types of trails on numerous different types of bikes. I ride there a lot on my single speed, and am able to get a good loop roughly 10+ miles of challenging single track with some double mixed in. I also ride there on my fully and hit some of the bigger hidden trails that have drops/faces/and tech sections that require travel. I thought that same of Foxboro when I first rode there, couldn't find anything worth riding and wrote it off and went to NAM. But I've since been introduced to a lot of great trails within the area and will ride there as much as I do NAM now. If anyone ever wants a tour let me know I'd be happy to show you around.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet0426 View Post
    There is some great riding to be had in Foxboro. You can ride numerous types of trails on numerous different types of bikes. I ride there a lot on my single speed, and am able to get a good loop roughly 10+ miles of challenging single track with some double mixed in. I also ride there on my fully and hit some of the bigger hidden trails that have drops/faces/and tech sections that require travel. I thought that same of Foxboro when I first rode there, couldn't find anything worth riding and wrote it off and went to NAM. But I've since been introduced to a lot of great trails within the area and will ride there as much as I do NAM now. If anyone ever wants a tour let me know I'd be happy to show you around.
    Spent the three hours on Saturday with my bud Gnar trying to figure out Foxboro, it was utterly underwhelming after we thought that we had rode most of what it had to offer. In the back of my mind I felt we must have missed something. Maybe a second chance could redeem the place as a worthy riding spot. It'd be good to ride with you and see the techy hidden trails you're referring to.
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    I would be down to check it out sometime too. Be great to ride it with someone who knows their way around!
    Audi & VW Service
    http://fourwardmotors.com/

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Riding at Borderlands this weekend on Sunday at 9. If you like rocks and tech this place should be on your list. Welcome to join if you are up for a ride, we are parking in the main lot of Borderlands, make sure to bring $2 for the parking fee.
    With regard to Foxboro I'd be happy to give a tour. Could get some of my riding buddies to join us, and one of them is like the Yoda of Foxboro, he showed me all the good stuff in there and changed my opinion about the place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast