Foxboro Map

Printable View

• 04-16-2012
    habsfan
    Foxboro Map
    I rode Foxboro for about 3 hours yesterday for the first time while my kid had hockey tryouts.

Does anyone have a link to a better trail map or even a personal map they can share? The state map doesn't have most of the trails I rode on.

I certainly bettered my rock riding skills to the displeasure of my private parts, tho. :D
  • 04-16-2012
    jen0910

There are a lot of trails in Foxboro, I don't know if they are all going to be on any map. It can be confusing there but it is a great place to ride.
  • 04-16-2012
    woodsguy
    If you have a gps go to Garmin Connect and browse the gps tracks and upload them to your gps.
  • 04-18-2012
    dhpimp
    I work in Foxboro but am not familiar with the trails. If anyone is up for a weeknight or weekend ride I'm generally free (unless traveling!)
  • 04-18-2012
    JSumner13
    1 Attachment(s)
    99% of the trails.....
  • 04-19-2012
    Aust95
    What are the black diamond trails like? Anyone know these trails well?
  • 04-20-2012
    noreasterbackcountry
    Anybody interested in showing someone around this Saturday morning (4/21)? I have buddy coming down from VT and it's been years since I've ridden those trails. He could probably give you a tour of Kingdom if you're ever up there. I'd also be willing to show you around Belmont/Western Greenway and Burlington Landlocked Forest.
  • 05-07-2012
    adinpapa
    In Foxborough (Foxboro) for a conference 5/15-5/16 . Any locals able to show me around 5/15 around 5:30 ? (I'll return the favor in Western MA- Bachelor Street and Earle's...as painful as you want.

Also, what SS gearing are people riding out there?
  • 05-24-2012
    sinister
    Here is a ride map [with downloadable KML file] that we did on 4-21-2012. It covers a ton of ground all over the park. The Sunset Lake side is definitely the less technical side. Loop C (marked on our map) can be rugged, but fun as hell. PM me if you want any specifics. Map and trail / parking description: Startbiking : F. Gilbert Hills
  • 05-28-2012
    nodima
    I live in Wrentham and know Foxboro pretty well. Try to ride there a couple times a week, if anyone wants to try to meet up for a ride, feel free to PM me.
  • 09-19-2012
    chuyler1
    Wow, this place has changed significantly. I used to ride here in High School (15 years ago) and I thought I new all the trails. There's got to be twice as many now.
  • 10-16-2012
    habsfan
    Thanks to the two local guys and the two local hikers that helped me find my out on Sunday. Even with a map, I got myself totally f*cked up and lost around the Megley Fire Road area. At least I could hear the trafffic on Route 1, so at worst I was willing to hike-a-bike back to the road.

Normally getting lost is part of the experience, but I had to get my kid after a hockey game, so that wasn't too fun.
  • 10-17-2012
    BRWhelan
    This is awesome! Thanks for Shareing. I live in Milford and would be very likely to go to Foxboro to ride!
  • 10-26-2012
    adinpapa
    Any locals able to show a Northamptonite around Foxboro or Borderlands for a night ride Nov 1 or Nov 5th ?

I'm in a technical training all week in Mansfield and would love to get out for a ride or two.
  • 10-26-2012
    C.P.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adinpapa View Post
    Any locals able to show a Northamptonite around Foxboro or Borderlands for a night ride Nov 1 or Nov 5th ?

I'm in a technical training all week in Mansfield and would love to get out for a ride or two.

Check out the NEMBA weekly ride in Foxboro, it start at 6Pm from the "Foxboro Conservation Land" parking lot, that is located across the street from Snow's Supply off of Rte 140/Main Street, approximately 106 Main street if you're using GPS.
    The ride starts at 6PM, usually 2 hours, the group is strong intermediate. Get there a little early, ask around and the group will point you in the right direction...
  • 10-26-2012
    adinpapa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    Check out the NEMBA weekly ride in Foxboro, it start at 6Pm from the "Foxboro Conservation Land" parking lot, that is located across the street from Snow's Supply off of Rte 140/Main Street, approximately 106 Main street if you're using GPS.
    The ride starts at 6PM, usually 2 hours, the group is strong intermediate. Get there a little early, ask around and the group will point you in the right direction...

Thanks. What day of the week is the weekly ride?
  • 10-26-2012
    C.P.
    oops, sorry about that, They ride Tuesdays and Thursdays, same start location listed above. There's a group that goes off Mondays also, but they start at 5:30 usually...
  • 11-28-2012
    chevcp
    Are there still alot of dirtbikes there on the weekend? I know its always a battle for those guys to keep their riding privelages. Can they still use most trails there?
  • 11-29-2012
    gnar602
    I rode Foxboro last Saturday, we didn't run into any dirt bikes, but also didn't find much singletrack either. After spending 3 hours looking near the cell tower and talking to a few locals we met riding it sounds like we were in the areas that they all knew, but based on pictures I've seen I expected to find a lot more bike oriented trails. Most of what we were on was old dirt bike trails that were blown out and not much fun anymore. My guess is there probably is still a lot of dirt bike use in this park, but we didn't see any this day. If there's a group ride happening I'd like to get a tour from someone who knows the place well, I mainly ride north shore but recently moved to Waltham so south shore/metro west stuff is now open to me.
  • 11-29-2012
    Nail Every Trail
    I live about 25 minutes from Foxborough and have never made it there to ride. Terrible. I usually end up at Vietnam or go up to Great Brook, Russel Mill.

I'd like to get down to Foxborough and check it out, but I've heard it's been pretty beat on thru the years by motorcycles.

Are there certain loops you guys can recommend or just a few trails that are particularly fun? I don't like driving for a ride and then end up getting stuck riding a bunch of beat up trails that aren't all that fun on a mountain bike. Thanks for any tips and thanks for those maps posted above.
  • 11-29-2012
    habsfan
    While I'm certainly no Foxboro expert, the 4 times I've been I've had plenty of single track. I park in the small lot off Thurston Road and go up Megley - both left and right are single tracks that lead into others. The only 'wide' trails I've seen are the fire roads Megley, High Rock and Messenger - all the others are single and double. If you park in the lot near the tower, go down High Rock for about 100' and take a right - all the trails in that section are single or double.

If you look at the green map above, the entire section between Megley and High is the area I'm referring to.
  • 11-29-2012
    prophet0426
    There is some great riding to be had in Foxboro. You can ride numerous types of trails on numerous different types of bikes. I ride there a lot on my single speed, and am able to get a good loop roughly 10+ miles of challenging single track with some double mixed in. I also ride there on my fully and hit some of the bigger hidden trails that have drops/faces/and tech sections that require travel. I thought that same of Foxboro when I first rode there, couldn't find anything worth riding and wrote it off and went to NAM. But I've since been introduced to a lot of great trails within the area and will ride there as much as I do NAM now. If anyone ever wants a tour let me know I'd be happy to show you around.
  • 11-29-2012
    Aust95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prophet0426 View Post
    There is some great riding to be had in Foxboro. You can ride numerous types of trails on numerous different types of bikes. I ride there a lot on my single speed, and am able to get a good loop roughly 10+ miles of challenging single track with some double mixed in. I also ride there on my fully and hit some of the bigger hidden trails that have drops/faces/and tech sections that require travel. I thought that same of Foxboro when I first rode there, couldn't find anything worth riding and wrote it off and went to NAM. But I've since been introduced to a lot of great trails within the area and will ride there as much as I do NAM now. If anyone ever wants a tour let me know I'd be happy to show you around.

Spent the three hours on Saturday with my bud Gnar trying to figure out Foxboro, it was utterly underwhelming after we thought that we had rode most of what it had to offer. In the back of my mind I felt we must have missed something. Maybe a second chance could redeem the place as a worthy riding spot. It'd be good to ride with you and see the techy hidden trails you're referring to.
  • 11-29-2012
    chevcp
    I would be down to check it out sometime too. Be great to ride it with someone who knows their way around!
  • 11-30-2012
    prophet0426
    Riding at Borderlands this weekend on Sunday at 9. If you like rocks and tech this place should be on your list. Welcome to join if you are up for a ride, we are parking in the main lot of Borderlands, make sure to bring $2 for the parking fee.
    With regard to Foxboro I'd be happy to give a tour. Could get some of my riding buddies to join us, and one of them is like the Yoda of Foxboro, he showed me all the good stuff in there and changed my opinion about the place.
  • 11-30-2012
    icecreamjay
    Quote:

Riding at Borderlands this weekend on Sunday at 9. If you like rocks and tech this place should be on your list.

+1 :thumbsup:

Rode there this morning and had a blast. The Nemba and ridge trails are some of the best rock riding in New England, up there with Nam, Lynn and Arcadia, IMO.

I tried adding some extra mileage in by checked out some nearby riding in Sharon. Place called King Philips Rock. Its about a half mile of road away from the end of the Northwest Trail. When you pop out of the end of the NW trail, Mansfield Street is just across the street. The trails were pretty fun, old moto trails, but it looks like its just been bike and foot traffic lately. If you're looking to extend your ride, check it out. Map available here.

King Philip's Rock Trail
  • 12-01-2012
    Scott O
    Quote:

. Could get some of my riding buddies to join us, and one of them is like the Yoda of Foxboro, he showed me all the good stuff in there and changed my opinion about the place.

Just watch out. That Yoda guy is always getting distracted during those rides.

• 12-02-2012
    chevcp
    Couldn't make it to Borderland but def will try to make a Foxboro ride soon. I will even take my chances with Yoda. What's good for everyone? Weekend mornings/afternoons?
  • 12-02-2012
    Aust95
    I live north of Boston so Foxboro is a mini hike for me. I'd have to make it a weekend trip, like on a Saturday morning, and when I can do it, I'll get in touch.
  • 12-03-2012
    gnar602
    A weekend morning would be good. How about 12/15? Would that work for everyone?
  • 12-03-2012
    C.P.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gnar602 View Post
    A weekend morning would be good. How about 12/15? Would that work for everyone?

Quick Tip: I recommend a Sunday ride over Sat. Deer(Shotgun) season is in full swing. If you do decide to go, wear some hunter orange, and maybe go mid day instead of in the AM...
  • 12-04-2012
    prophet0426
    I agree Sundays are better as I don't want to be the target... Right now 12/16 is open so I could swing that. Unfortunately my buddy had a hard crash this weekend at Borderlands so he may be off the bike for a few weeks, but I think I can manage a good tour anyhow. What kind of riding do most of you prefer? I ride both single speed and all mountain rides in Foxboro so I can try and keep a ride more toward the style preferred.
  • 12-05-2012
    chevcp
    Quote:

I agree Sundays are better as I don't want to be the target... Right now 12/16 is open so I could swing that. Unfortunately my buddy had a hard crash this weekend at Borderlands so he may be off the bike for a few weeks, but I think I can manage a good tour anyhow. What kind of riding do most of you prefer? I ride both single speed and all mountain rides in Foxboro so I can try and keep a ride more toward the style preferred.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Hopefully he's not too banged up.

I will try to make the 16th. Hardtail for me and mostly XC riding but any style trails are fine.
  • 12-06-2012
    gnar602
    Quote:

Awesome! Sunday 12/16 works for me too. I forgot about the deer hunting thing... I mainly ride LW and I don't think any hunting is allowed there. I prefer singletrack, as tech as it can possibly get. If there are rollers, drops, jumps etc... all the better! :thumbsup:

I usually ride anywhere from 2-4 hours and that's anywhere from 10-22 miles depending on the amount of climbing and how choppy the trails are. I'm up for whatever though, I've got a taste of what Foxboro is like from our ride exploring there a few weeks ago but we didn't get to see much of it. I'm also not 100% sure where everyone parks, we saw a few parking lots as we toured around, so if you have an address that would be helpful!
  • 12-07-2012
    Aust95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gnar602 View Post
    ...I prefer singletrack, as tech as it can possibly get. If there are rollers, drops, jumps etc... all the better! :thumbsup:

I usually ride anywhere from 2-4 hours and that's anywhere from 10-22 miles depending on the amount of climbing and how choppy the trails are...

Hey, hey! Not everyone is superman!;)

I'd be up to riding like what Gnar said if there is anything like that but other kinds of riding can be good too. :yesnod:

That weekend is probably doable for me but the problem is that I can only do early Saturday morning--so the risk of getting shot is higher.
  • 12-14-2012
    prophet0426
    Looks like Sunday is going to be a wash.....
  • 12-15-2012
    gnar602
    Hourly Weather Forecast for Foxborough - weather.com

There is only a 20% chance of rain until 3pm tomorrow, its dark around 4, so most of the day light hours is good to ride.
  • 12-15-2012
    chevcp
    I can't make it tomorrow. Hope you guys have a good ride if you make it out and def will try to make it next time if it gets rescheculed.