Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foxboro Map

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet0426 View Post
    Riding at Borderlands this weekend on Sunday at 9. If you like rocks and tech this place should be on your list.
    +1

Rode there this morning and had a blast. The Nemba and ridge trails are some of the best rock riding in New England, up there with Nam, Lynn and Arcadia, IMO.

I tried adding some extra mileage in by checked out some nearby riding in Sharon. Place called King Philips Rock. Its about a half mile of road away from the end of the Northwest Trail. When you pop out of the end of the NW trail, Mansfield Street is just across the street. The trails were pretty fun, old moto trails, but it looks like its just been bike and foot traffic lately. If you're looking to extend your ride, check it out. Map available here.

King Philip's Rock Trail
    NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    . Could get some of my riding buddies to join us, and one of them is like the Yoda of Foxboro, he showed me all the good stuff in there and changed my opinion about the place.
    Just watch out. That Yoda guy is always getting distracted during those rides.

mtbr member
    Couldn't make it to Borderland but def will try to make a Foxboro ride soon. I will even take my chances with Yoda. What's good for everyone? Weekend mornings/afternoons?
    Audi & VW Service
    http://fourwardmotors.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I live north of Boston so Foxboro is a mini hike for me. I'd have to make it a weekend trip, like on a Saturday morning, and when I can do it, I'll get in touch.
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    A weekend morning would be good. How about 12/15? Would that work for everyone?

CP
    Quote Originally Posted by gnar602 View Post
    A weekend morning would be good. How about 12/15? Would that work for everyone?
    Quick Tip: I recommend a Sunday ride over Sat. Deer(Shotgun) season is in full swing. If you do decide to go, wear some hunter orange, and maybe go mid day instead of in the AM...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I agree Sundays are better as I don't want to be the target... Right now 12/16 is open so I could swing that. Unfortunately my buddy had a hard crash this weekend at Borderlands so he may be off the bike for a few weeks, but I think I can manage a good tour anyhow. What kind of riding do most of you prefer? I ride both single speed and all mountain rides in Foxboro so I can try and keep a ride more toward the style preferred.

mtbr member
    I agree Sundays are better as I don't want to be the target... Right now 12/16 is open so I could swing that. Unfortunately my buddy had a hard crash this weekend at Borderlands so he may be off the bike for a few weeks, but I think I can manage a good tour anyhow. What kind of riding do most of you prefer? I ride both single speed and all mountain rides in Foxboro so I can try and keep a ride more toward the style preferred.
    Sorry to hear about your buddy. Hopefully he's not too banged up.

I will try to make the 16th. Hardtail for me and mostly XC riding but any style trails are fine.
    Audi & VW Service

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Awesome! Sunday 12/16 works for me too. I forgot about the deer hunting thing... I mainly ride LW and I don't think any hunting is allowed there. I prefer singletrack, as tech as it can possibly get. If there are rollers, drops, jumps etc... all the better!

I usually ride anywhere from 2-4 hours and that's anywhere from 10-22 miles depending on the amount of climbing and how choppy the trails are. I'm up for whatever though, I've got a taste of what Foxboro is like from our ride exploring there a few weeks ago but we didn't get to see much of it. I'm also not 100% sure where everyone parks, we saw a few parking lots as we toured around, so if you have an address that would be helpful!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gnar602 View Post
    ...I prefer singletrack, as tech as it can possibly get. If there are rollers, drops, jumps etc... all the better!

I usually ride anywhere from 2-4 hours and that's anywhere from 10-22 miles depending on the amount of climbing and how choppy the trails are...
    Hey, hey! Not everyone is superman!

I'd be up to riding like what Gnar said if there is anything like that but other kinds of riding can be good too.

That weekend is probably doable for me but the problem is that I can only do early Saturday morning--so the risk of getting shot is higher.
    Last edited by Aust95; 12-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Looks like Sunday is going to be a wash.....

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Hourly Weather Forecast for Foxborough - weather.com

There is only a 20% chance of rain until 3pm tomorrow, its dark around 4, so most of the day light hours is good to ride.

mtbr member
    I can't make it tomorrow. Hope you guys have a good ride if you make it out and def will try to make it next time if it gets rescheculed.
    Audi & VW Service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2