mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Fox Fork & Shock Service in MA

Hello,

I plan to have my Fox fork and shock overhauled this winter once the snow piles up. I've sent a previous shock off to Push and have been pleased with the outcome. A couple of guys I ride with recommend Woody's Cyclery in Middleton as a local alternative.

Anyone have other local recommendations? Or am I better off mailing it to Push? I live in Bellingham, but location isn't super critical as my job takes me pretty much anywhere around Eastern MA as long as I'm not in a hurry (which I'm not in this case.)

Thanks,
    DB

mtbr member
    JRA Cycles in Medford. I'll be taking my Tallboy in there soon for some shock maintenance.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

blet drive
    take it to Russ at landrys in Westboro as this dude knows his stuff.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks Canoe and JK. I assumed someone would mention JRA since they're certainly the go-to eastern MA shop. Wasn't sure if they got deep into suspension work though. Thanks also for the Landry's tip. Will look into both. --DB

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by djb2 View Post
    Thanks Canoe and JK. I assumed someone would mention JRA since they're certainly the go-to eastern MA shop. Wasn't sure if they got deep into suspension work though. Thanks also for the Landry's tip. Will look into both. --DB
    I don't think JRA does get that deep into suspension work. Pretty sure they turn to PUSH or other sources for that.

If I were you I would send it to PUSH the first time for a fantastic top of the line overhaul and customization.

Then maybe just get a basic ($50-$110) service for the next few seasons.

That is exactly what I am going to do with my Float 36 and rp23

mtbr member
    I'll be honest in saying that I work at Belmont Wheelworks so it's a bit of shameless self plug, but we do service a lot of suspension systems and have a few guys in our shop that do a really good job.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If you're looking to customize, send it to PUSH, otherwise JRA is excellent. I've done both and JRA knows their stuff. They are fox and Rockshox trained and do top notch work. I buy and service all of my gear with these guys.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I also work at a shop in eastern MA. if you are looking for a straight overhaul of replacing seals, oil, wipers, bushings etc then any Fox dealer should be able to perform the service. It's a relatively straight forward process and there should be no reason to send it out. Just talk to the tech guys when you are dropping it off and make sure they have done it before.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Dirtdan, crlavoie and bostonboy, thanks for the reassurance that the local shops will work. Waiting for the ground to freeze tonight so I can have one last hurrah before taking the bike apart.