mtbr member

First time in Vietnam in Milford

I just got back from my first adventure of Vietnam. I parked at the northern start of the Upper Charles path and entered there. I know I stayed around the Beaver Brook area because I saw signs for that. How does that part compare with the rest of the paths? Was I in the "easy" section?

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Any idea what trails you might of covered based on the map? I don't know the area real well, and entering where you did a lot of what you saw depends on what turns you made.

http://www.bvnemba.org/images/vietna...346_x_4489.jpg

mtbr member
    I entered at the top left on that map. I know I took Farm Way to Beaver Brook Way. I then looped back toward Top Down, but I don't think I actually went on Top Down, not sure. I ended up exiting the path the same way I went in. I was only in there for about an hour. I know I went on more paths than listed on the map. This was only my second time doing any trail riding, so I wasn't sure how these paths compared to others.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    It sounds like you were mostly on the pretty mellow sections. You'll want to go back and possibly look to enter on the cell tower trail, which is up a rocky/loose fire road. That will connect you right into the DLS and a lot of the best stuff Nam has to offer.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I should be out there around 5:30 on Thursday, Wendys lot if you're looking for a tour. We keep a pretty moderate pac, were planning to bring lights this week.

mtbr member
    Wow, thanks for the offer and advice. Thursday won't work for me, but thanks! Would the "DLS" be better for a beginner like me? How technical would those paths be down there?

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I think you'll be fine, it can be pretty tech but all the trail features in DLS are very well marked so you can easily go around anything you don't feel comfortable with. We go almost every Thursday, around the same time.

mtbr member
    They never hassle you for parking behind the Wendy's? They used to do once in a while. I usually park at the new Upper Charles parking lot now, but maybe I'll head back to Wendy's if I know I won't be towed.

I live in between Vietnam and Callahan, closer to Framingham. It's easier for me to just jump on bike and do a loop thru Callahan and back than it is driving over to Vietnam. Vietnam has some cool stuff though, and Callahan really doesn't.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DropkickMurphy View Post
    I entered at the top left on that map. I know I took Farm Way to Beaver Brook Way. I then looped back toward Top Down, but I don't think I actually went on Top Down, not sure. I ended up exiting the path the same way I went in. I was only in there for about an hour. I know I went on more paths than listed on the map. This was only my second time doing any trail riding, so I wasn't sure how these paths compared to others.
    I don't think so! I GPS'd that and made that map, there is only one trail in that area on on the map ( left off at land owners request ) and if you got on that trail you would have found your self in the middle of Breezy Hill farm. ( Not Beaver Brook , which has been renamed Round top farm )
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Is Breezy Hill Farm the farm with the horse ring in the back? I somehow ended up there 3 times by taking 3 different paths. I felt like I was in a maze, lol. I'll be going back down to explore and try to make sense of what I did. Nice job on the map, it must have taken a while to create

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lisarose416 View Post
    at part compare with the rest of the paths
    Looks like your post got cut-off somewhat. Are you saying that section is similar to the rest of the paths?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayRiverRider View Post
    I live in between Vietnam and Callahan, closer to Framingham. It's easier for me to just jump on bike and do a loop thru Callahan and back than it is driving over to Vietnam. Vietnam has some cool stuff though, and Callahan really doesn't.
    Ditto. I just moved to Framingham off Edgell Road, and though Callahan is convenient, I'd much rather make the ride at Vietnam for some better biking. I really need to learn how to get around in there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    My friend and I are going today around 5-5:30 for the first time. is the Wendy's parking lot on the other side of 495?

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayRiverRider View Post
    They never hassle you for parking behind the Wendy's? They used to do once in a while. I usually park at the new Upper Charles parking lot now, but maybe I'll head back to Wendy's if I know I won't be towed.

No hassles for me.

mtbr member
    Circusjunk, I made a Google Earth file of the trails based on the existing map. I know you know the trails very well. Could I send it to you to look at to see what I can add to it, fix, etc?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Circusjunk, I made a Google Earth file of the trails based on the existing map. I know you know the trails very well. Could I send it to you to look at to see what I can add to it, fix, etc?
    ther eis a new map up there now , the file you reference doesn't exist any more

and I'll need the URL for the google earth map

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Is Breezy Hill Farm the farm with the horse ring in the back? I somehow ended up there 3 times by taking 3 different paths. I felt like I was in a maze, lol. I'll be going back down to explore and try to make sense of what I did. Nice job on the map, it must have taken a while to create
    Nope thats Ridge top farm ( AKA beaver Brook farm )