mtbr member
    Oct 2004

A few stoopid 'nam' questions

Hello. I just moved back from Colorado after living there for 8 years. I've ridden nam a few times in the past, but from looking on the map I'm not sure what parts I have done. Questions:

How is the Nemba trail? what's it like?

Where is the freeride section that people are talking about here?

What is the DLS trail? Is that the super-sweet singletrack?

Is the the rib breaker that crazy downhill with the huge boulders everywhere?

Is anything north of the main trail worth riding?

Best TH's to enter nam?

Basically I'm a hardtail/XC type rider and not into freeriding or jumps. Tech singletrack is great, and I like to take 15+ miles rides. Looking at the map I'm a bit overwhelmed and not sure what I want to hit for my first ride here in over 8 years. Any suggestions welcome. THANKS.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What you need is a tour from Me !! ( I'm serious about that ! )

How is the Nemba trail? what's it like? Well there are 3 Trials that are affectionally call the Nemba trail - The first trail Nemba Built that Connectts the Rail Bed to Condo Rock, DLS , the loop trail at the top of the Cell tower trail that has the kiosk on it , and TNT that i right behind you when you are looking atthe plaque , It is not on the map

Where is the freeride section that people are talking about here? Well that is a Good question, There are several section that can easily fall into that category , Most particullay , DLS , TNT , The Spider area ( not labeled on map ) , 3 Ledges etc

What is the DLS trail? Is that the super-sweet singletrack? DLS Dirty Little secret is the loop right at the top of the cell tower trail , a Bunch of drops , Jumps rock gardens that make it very challenging

Is the the rib breaker that crazy downhill with the huge boulders everywhere? that is an Inside Joke , I made the map ! so I took some liberties in naming trails , I named it that Because I crashed on that trail about 3 years ago and Broke my Ribs

Is anything north of the main trail worth riding? In a word , Yes

Best TH's to enter nam? That is Personal Opinion as to where you park and what you are looking for.

John "Splat" Goeller
    BVNEMBA VP of Vietnam
    Vietnam Land Managemt Committe Member