Thread: Fells Poll

mtbr member

Fells Poll

In an email to me...
    Hope all is well ... just saw that there is a poll on wickedlocal.com about the
    fells reservation and whether mountain biking should be allowed ... according to my
    media sources, wickedlocal is gaining a fairly decent reputation, so if you're
    interested you might send the link out to the Diesel mailing list:
    http://www.wickedlocal.com/medford. Scroll to the middle of the page and the poll
    is on the right side.

VOTE

MC MasterShake
    Thanks Bruce. We're at 65% pro MTB right now!
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Just voted.

Rider of Bikes
    Just voted! 84% for MTB in the Fells, Lets hit this poll hard. hahaha

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i voted...but did you see the f'ed up article that the d-bag from fof wrote...
    http://www.wickedlocal.com/medford/n...eational-abuse

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    thankfullywe don't have to deal with this crap. but anyway, what is the reasoning behind the no night riding? wake up the animals? seriously.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yeah, Mike Ryan's friends of article is pretty one sided. The single comment made by GBNEMBA is right on. It's too bad that small groups and individuals with skewed agenda's work so hard to try to limit trail usage to select groups. Maybe Mr. Ryan should work to limit the amount of guys blowing each other, uh, kisses, on the sides of the trails and stop worrying about the "erosion" created by a three inch wide bike tire. I can't say that I know of a more established network of trails than those in the Fells. Trails that are wider than originally cut are that way due to their popularity, amongst all groups. It's pretty unfair to point the finger at bikers just cause you don't share our love for the sport.

person
    I hope this fells debate ends the right way, it could set a good example. In Leominster State Forest they've limited Bike access to several trails that were once multi-use and land management hasn't allowed any new trail construction by NEMBA in years as far as I can tell. This is all in spite of all the work done by NEMBA in the form of maintenance.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    I just voted.....91% Pro mtb at this time.