Who are the brain police?

Favorite winter trails (N of Boston)

So what are your favorite winter trails (N of Boston).

The 'legal' section in Lynn is pretty small. I sometimes drive to Nam or Otis, but want suggestions for other fun trails north of Boston.

Any help?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Black Lion
    Harold Parker State forrest is super fun, legal , and usually rideable in snow.
    Voltron

MC MasterShake
    Dogtown is a great winter spot when everyone else has snow we usually have minimal to none because of the proximity to the ocean.

I'm going to be exploring HP this week. I've heard there is good stuff in there in between the fireroads and doubletrack.

Exeter can be fun but that's kind of a haul for me.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We used to ride the powerline from Lynn in the Spring Pond area toward Peabody and Salem. It may not be legal, but there was a lot of open terrain that was kind of fun. There's a stretch between Lynnfield St. and Lynn St. Peabody that has some really big rock features. Haven't been there in awhile, might be no good anymore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramshackle
    We used to ride the powerline from Lynn in the Spring Pond area toward Peabody and Salem. It may not be legal, but there was a lot of open terrain that was kind of fun. There's a stretch between Lynnfield St. and Lynn St. Peabody that has some really big rock features. Haven't been there in awhile, might be no good anymore.
    If the section of trail that stays under the powerlines going towards Peabody were killed by the electric company putting up new powerlines. It all looks like a highway, but still some fun stuff.

Another place to check out during winter is Bruce and Tom's..just get permission from Bruce to be on the sections of private land. The back section of B&T's better knows as Tomspon St Res. (off exit 14, RT 128) is owned by Essex County Greenbelt and it is open to mountain biking year round. You can find their information on the Dieselbikes link below.

http://dieselbikes.com/trails/bat/bat_trails.htm
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com