Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Favorite trail in Mass?

What's your single favorite trail in MA if you had to pick one? I know depending on conditions, and this and that... But what one trail is just a blast for you to ride here in Massachusetts if you had to pick one.

I would say, short but super sweet "Chicken Soup" in Lynn Woods, others are very close, but this short trail is technical and super fun.

If I had to pick a second it would be G-Spot off of School Street in Manchester/Gloucester.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    I think the answer depends on the type of trail a rider likes. Me? I love fast swoopy single track. So Trail of Tears is my single most favorite trail to ride.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Mormon Hollow /Hannah Swarton'sTrail at Wendell SF

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yeah, JSumner13! I'd put that whole loop together and make the Hannah Swarton/ Mormon Hollow trail (as it's unbroken single track) at Wendell as the best trail in MA. It's not for everyone, but I love it (Nipmuck at Wendell doesn't suck either).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan View Post
    Yeah, JSumner13! I'd put that whole loop together and make the Hannah Swarton/ Mormon Hollow trail (as it's unbroken single track) at Wendell as the best trail in MA. It's not for everyone, but I love it (Nipmuck at Wendell doesn't suck either).
    I was editing my post to include both trails as you were typing your post! haha

mtbr member
    Glenna Bella (sp) Earls... Or Missing Persons, BS
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

Nostralpicas
    I agree with the Wendell guy's, That place is worth the drive for me 3+ hours.
    and even though I don't know the trail names.
    Harold Parker is my all time favorite. Relentless and unforgiving.
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

mtbr member
    Hmmmm..... That's a tough one. Locally it would be Goat Hill. But in all of MA..... Although MA has a ton of great riding nothing really stands out like the stuff in VT or other biking destinations. I'll give my top five in no particular order. And I'm going to list the trail systems since I don't know any of the trail names.

HP: Great tech riding with flow.
    Wendell: Tech with climbs/descents and some flow.
    Earls: Fun (closest to KT) but short.
    Otis/ToT: Fast fast fast! Otis has some nice tech too.
    Nam: Can't be beat for tech, jumps, and drops.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yup, my favorite trails are in Mass. Even though I've ridden a bunch of good ones in other places...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy View Post
    Hmmmm..... That's a tough one. Locally it would be Goat Hill. But in all of MA..... Although MA has a ton of great riding nothing really stands out like the stuff in VT or other biking destinations. I'll give my top five in no particular order. And I'm going to list the trail systems since I don't know any of the trail names.

HP: Great tech riding with flow.
    Wendell: Tech with climbs/descents and some flow.
    Earls: Fun (closest to KT) but short.
    Otis/ToT: Fast fast fast! Otis has some nice tech too.
    Nam: Can't be beat for tech, jumps, and drops.
    Woodsguy, have you linked Earls with Batchlor St, which is just across the road? You can easily put together an amazing 20-30mile ride. Batchlor St is more technical than Earls yet flows very well.
    Selma Ti.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adinpapa View Post
    Woodsguy, have you linked Earls with Batchlor St, which is just across the road? You can easily put together an amazing 20-30mile ride. Batchlor St is more technical than Earls yet flows very well.
    Yea, B Street is some good tech. I haven't linked them yet tho. The last time I was there we were supposed to but it was too wet for Earls.

trail projectile
    Hawley.

customized
    Sep 2003
    I couldn't agree more on the Wendell choices. That whole place is soooo cool.

17 to 11 in Bradley Palmer is great. Flowy and it rips.

I need to get over to Earls and B-street. Sounds incredible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Makes my heart swell with pride hearing wendell love...But Pauldotcom has also brought up the two best trails at B-street/ earls that deserve western, ma recognition: Glenna Bell and Missing persons-Here's To Earl and Pete, Master Trail Builders extraordinaire!

mtbr member
    It's so hard to think of about best trails when I love them all!

Superbman- I need to get back to Wendall. It kicked my ass the first time, in a good way. BTW- Jakes Ladder is a close 2nd over at Bstreet and the 3B trail close at Earls....
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Willowdale is a solid place. Not terribly technical but super fast and fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just moved back to the area, so far its duxbury. Good trails, no hunters, less horse sh*t

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The 7 miles of downhill singletrack off the back side of Jiminy peak in Lanesboro MA. Nicer was the chair lift to the top. I really miss Pedros Fest. And my bourbon tastings

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTitanium View Post
    Just moved back to the area, so far its duxbury. Good trails, no hunters, less horse sh*t
    SShhhh! LadyTitanium. Duluxbury is our little secret OK? Not enough acreage to handle lots of traffic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    What's your single favorite trail in MA if you had to pick one? I know depending on conditions, and this and that... But what one trail is just a blast for you to ride here in Massachusetts if you had to pick one.

I would say, short but super sweet "Chicken Soup" in Lynn Woods, others are very close, but this short trail is technical and super fun.

If I had to pick a second it would be G-Spot off of School Street in Manchester/Gloucester.
    Solid old school Lynn pick. I'm a big fan of Boston Rock to the water tank (angry neighbor, I guess?). Love all the technical, short, awkward, side-hill climbs.

The whole G-spot loop is freakin' amazing. Also, love the trail at Bruce and Tom's that starts with the giant wood roller to step up.

Also, Mom's Silver Bullet at Greenwood rules. Not super tech, but flows so well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan View Post
    Are Hannah Swarton and Mormon Hollow the two trails that were the extended 'hero loop' during the NEMBA ride this summer? Those two trails were great, but really kicked my ass.

Absolutely LOVED Nipmonk, one of my favorite trails anywhere!!! Could easily lap that trail for hours. So many favorites at B-street but my favs there would have to be Twister and Lizard King.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Agreed, Duxbury is one of the best kept secrets.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgreaney View Post
    Agreed, Duxbury is one of the best kept secrets.
    Question for you Duxbury riders. I've been there a couple of times and love the fast swoopy stuff. Reminds me of TOT.
    But I don't care for the rooty trails that run along the pond.
    Is there a way to avoid that section and still have a good loop?
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Team
    B&T's or Lynn... don't know the names of any trails I just ride them
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinF View Post
    Solid old school Lynn pick. I'm a big fan of Boston Rock to the water tank (angry neighbor, I guess?). Love all the technical, short, awkward, side-hill climbs.

The whole G-spot loop is freakin' amazing. Also, love the trail at Bruce and Tom's that starts with the giant wood roller to step up.

Also, Mom's Silver Bullet at Greenwood rules. Not super tech, but flows so well.
    Lynn for this guy too!

Coincidentally, here's a quick edit I just put together from the other day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast