mtbr member

F.Gilbert Hills State Forest

I was thinking of checking this place out this weekend - supposed to have great weather. But after reading some reviews I'm wondering if it's even worth the ride down to the Foxboro area....heard that the trails are a mess? Or is that not the case anymore?

TIA...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

worth it for a change

If you went last weekend you already have your own opnion, if not I'd say it's worth it just for a change from your local riding. I wrote one of the "bad" reviews regarding the motorcycles & errosion, and it is worse than 10 years ago, but still good riding. I made the 45 minute trip up there for a change 2 weekends ago and it wasn't bad. Plus the management are trying to fix some sections, and the new detour trails they mad are much better than the old sections they closed.

mtbr member
    Yeah I never got a chance to go this past weekend...I stayed local b/c I've been on-call for work for the past 3 weeks in a row...didn't want to get stuck in an area where I wasn't sure of the cellphone reception.

One more weekend of local riding then I'll venture out there...if it's worth it.