mtbr member

Evening Ride Today 8/13 - Rayburn Trails, Millbury

I will be leading a ride at Rayburn tonight at 6pm sharp. We will ride for at least 1.5 hours. There will be lots of opportunities for shortcuts/extensions with a very technical (and opional) hero loop at the end.

For those not familiar with Rayburn trails I would consider them somewhat technical xc trails. No big climbs or white knuckle descents or insane rock gardens. Just twisty, narrow singletrack half of which is nice and smooth the other half somewhat rocky with a few fun technical features and drops. Beginners to intermediates may have a tough time with the sharp corners and some of the rocky areas but are welcome to come along if they want to push their limits.

Where: Rayburn Trails.
    Date: Today, Monday 8/13
    Meet: Buck Bros lot on the left side of Brightside Street, Millbury, MA
    Time: Meet 5:45, leave 6pm sharp - call if you are going to be late
    Who: Intermediate to advanced riders
    Pace: Intermediate to fast with plenty of rest stops. We will probably also stop at some of the TTFs for multiple tries/pics. All will be waited for.
    Duration: 1.5-2 hours
    Why: Cause Rayburn Rocks!
    Me: Funny looking guy in a blue Honda CRV and a brown Cannondale Prophet on the back.

Kevin
    c: 617 650-1954

mtbr member
    as long as im not getting electrocuted riding there.. I m in.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Ride Report and Warning

Awesome ride tonight. Andrew and I did the entire main loop with minimal breaks. It took us 1.5 hours. We were tempted to do the "Hero" loop but decided that we would probably run out of light.

WARNING: The area to the right of the powerlines near Riverlin is terrible. The atvs have made so many braids in there that it is no longer worth riding. It's like they didn't want to make any turns and cut multiple trails straight through. I haven't ridden that section in several years. I typically cut it off even before the braiding because I didn't feel it was worth it. What I do is when I get to the double track that leads to the powerlines I turn left instead of right and then right then left back on the arrowed loop. People that start at the powerlines on Riverlin are getting a very distorted view of the trails out there. Park on Brightside at Buck Bros. They are cool with it. That way you can do the entire loop (minus the atv area) with "Intestines" as a warm up and the option of very cool trail between the powerlines (that the arrowed loop cuts off) and the very technical "hero" loop near the pond at the end of your ride.
    Last edited by woodsguy; 08-13-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Just ride.
    Mar 2007
    When parking at Buck Bros, where would you head from there to hit the trails? I've never been, and am thinking of going over one night after work for a couple hour ride to check it out. If it's obvious, that's cool too... I just don't want to get there and not have a clue where I'm going.

I do have a GPS track from bikerag though, so that will help.

Thanks!
    Yep.

mtbr member
    From the parking go up the hill. You ll see the gate. You can go either way. If you want to set a day Im in to meet you there. Doing the Bvnemba group ride tonight but thursday or friday could be possible this week. I dont know the trails as good as woodsguy but I can get us lost pretty good. Either way if you know what day you re planning post it up.

Just ride.
    Mar 2007
    I could go pretty much anytime. I was thinking of going up there on a whim tonight. Weeknights are generally open and I'm usually riding solo, Fridays me and a friend hit Douglas.
    Yep.