mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Good job! Essex County Greenbelt Association Ride May 13th

Hey Essex County area folks,

I just got this thing in the mail from the Essex County Greenbelt. They are hosting a mountain bike ride in Beverly at the Beverly Conservation Area (aka Greenwood) on May 13th starting at 10AM. It says for more info, call 978-478-8631 or visit www.ecga.org.

I think that I'm going to buy a family membership to the ECGA. As a lifelong area resident, it's been hard for me to watch the open space, particularly in Beverly, disappear so rapidly. I swear they are going to develop every square inch of this town if they have the chance. Besides, I am a regular user of the Greenwood trails (which is owned and protected by ECGA) so I guess it's the least I can do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oddestfellow
    Hey Essex County area folks,

I just got this thing in the mail from the Essex County Greenbelt. They are hosting a mountain bike ride in Beverly at the Beverly Conservation Area (aka Greenwood) on May 13th starting at 10AM. It says for more info, call 978-478-8631 or visit www.ecga.org.

I think that I'm going to buy a family membership to the ECGA. As a lifelong area resident, it's been hard for me to watch the open space, particularly in Beverly, disappear so rapidly. I swear they are going to develop every square inch of this town if they have the chance. Besides, I am a regular user of the Greenwood trails (which is owned and protected by ECGA) so I guess it's the least I can do.
    ECGA has been very biker friendly the last few yrs. They are great people and a great organization. I'll be on the ride and at the BBQ after!

~Bruce

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ECGA Requests that people RSVP

Because of limited space, parking, and the BBQ afterwards, ECGA requests that people RSVP on their site in order to attend this event. The information and rsvp info is on their website at http://www.ecga.org/Events/other.html

Huh?
    Apr 2005

Thank you

I just wanted to say Thank you for bringing the ECGA to my attention. I have enjoyed riding in Greenwoods for a long time now and its nice to know that it will be there for some time to come Thanks to the Essex County Green Belt Assoc. I just joined up myself and hope to see more land protected for future generations to enjoy.

Thank you.
    Mark

mtbr member
    To all,

We were also going to this event, however I just received this e-mail from ecga:

"ECV & Greenbelt are cancelling this ride due to the amount of rain we’ve had, and stand to get on Saturday. We hope to reschedule for another time. Sorry all!"

Lets hope for better weather next time.

Diesel
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I was out there today (Greenwoods) can you say FLOODED. The singletrack wasn't to bad but the fireroads were up to and over the BB in some places. Theres gonna be a-lot of skeeters breading there soon

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd
    I just wanted to say Thank you for bringing the ECGA to my attention. I have enjoyed riding in Greenwoods for a long time now and its nice to know that it will be there for some time to come Thanks to the Essex County Green Belt Assoc. I just joined up myself and hope to see more land protected for future generations to enjoy.

Thank you.
    Mark
    They definately are a very important organization up on the north shore, and they do great work! I also sent them a check for a family membership last Friday. Hopefully they can rescue more of the open space on the north shore in the future before it's all gone!!!