Steam Donkey

Epic Ride This Saturday - 6/13

Starting from my house (Agawam, MA) and covering a lot of ground. My guess is around 30 miles, maybe a couple more. Maybe 6 hours. Ride time is 8:30.

The terrain will be extremely varied. Buff single track, some sandy sections, rugged rocky ridgeline, double track, rough and challenging single track, 4 or 5 miles of connecting road, two stream crossings, a dead rail tressel crossing over the mighty Westfield river, and some great rustic trails in the hills.

The rough plan: Robinson State Park - Provin Mtn - back trails/urban crossing of Southwick - 3 or 4 road miles - Granville Gorge/Drake Mtn - Westfield Mtn - Stanley Park - Urban crossing of Westfield - <1 mile of road - shoulder of Provin Mtn - Robinson Park - Food!

Water is available along the way. Food too, if needed, but that will be a little out of the way.

Contact me with questions.
    stevenrossi -at- rocketmail -.- com

Steve
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

achiever
    I'd give it a shot but my excuse is that Hannah has her dance recital in the early afternoon. If I didn't have to go to that, I'd probably have to come up with a different excuse.

Red

Steam Donkey
    Ride time is now 7:30am. Looks like about 5 of us, so far.

After thinking through the connectors, that I haven't used in quite some time, food and water will be fairly plentiful and easy to access.
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0